Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up an Olympic Arms AR-15, with the fixed carry handle and I was wondering what I could do to for optics. I know there are mounts made to go on the handle, but I'm worried that a scope will sit to high and I wont get a good cheek weld... Let me know what y'all think and what y'alls experiences are, and help would be greatly appreciated.

(My eyes aren't good enough to use a red dot or reflective sight, I really need some power. I know a 1-4 powered scope would be about right, I plan on shooting from point blank out to 100 yards and probably well past that out to 300+)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
They make cheek rests/ risers that fit your stock to raise your cheek weld up so that you can use the scope mounted to the carry handle. I have one that will snap on to a 6 position carbine stock. I have the scope mount too. PM me if you want more info.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, if it were me, I'd swap out the fixed carry handle for a flat top with a detachable carry handle (if yo like the handle) Much more options for optic mounting in that config. Only other that I'm aware of is the military style mounts from back in the day.....but it will sit high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.