Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Quick question about the meprolight front sight: On a 187 series, I assume the pre-2005, mythical 173 series (part 30921) option would be correct? Also, are pin-on muzzle brakes still possible with that sight? I have one of those simple Masen brakes that I'd like to keep on it. I don't have any real attachment to it, I just kind of like the way it looks.

Thanks folks, great forum.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Would it be easier to use a UTG rail and mount the light to keep the break? Can you post a picture or link?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I wondered about that today and I think that's a better idea. As much as I wish the mini had a better front sight altogether, mounting a light would probably be more useful. The rifle has a stabilizer on it, and I know I've seen some use that to mount a light. I'm not quite sure what's the best way to go about setting that up, since I never thought about it seriously until now.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I think we're getting confused here... :lol:

As to the OP:

I see no reason you couldn't run the tritium front sight and Masen brake together. AFAIK, the Meprolight tritium sights are more or less an OE Ruger sight, cut down a bit with a steel-encased tritium vial pinned on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have kind of gone in two directions here.

If the Meprolight is an improvement over the original sight and works with the existing brake, that's ideal. That was the original plan: to replace the front sight with something a little better, that doesn't involve an integral muzzle brake.

Being able to operate in the dark was a bit off course, but got me interested. **** hunting on the brain, basically.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question for Percules: I just purchased a used 187 series Mini 14, I wantedto know if the ML30921 fit correctly? I like the Meprolight products amd made the same assumption that it should fit regardless of the 173 series stipulation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts