Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone, I'm addicted. I just bought this mini from a guy in Kentucky, and it came in yesterday. I can't wait to shoot it. I already have a smith ready to cut down the barrel and silver soder the brake back on. I'm going to take to as close to 16" as possible. I've learned alot on this board, thanks to everyone. Glass Bedding may be in the future also. Any idea's on the mags I got with it?--Brian
*can't post pic-for some reason*

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum pongo. I know what you mean the mini being adictive. J

Just a thought, the muzzle brake has improved the accuracy or the std 18 1/2" barrel. Cutting the barrel, and recrowning will stiffen the barrel, and give similar results. Just be aware that with the short barrel the muzzle brake will make it a "lot" louder, as some of the gass/sound will be up in front of you. Don't forget to wear hearing protection you will need it.

You can go to our magazine gallery, to Id your mags.

Note the pop up message when you post, and send me a PM (private message) I can talk ya thru it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I'm needing is some knowledgable advice. What is the accuracy gain from the glass beading, and what does it entail?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Bedding my mini tightened my average 100yd, 5 shotgroups by 3/4". It also got rid of up to 3" flyers.

The trigger job went from 7 lb to 3 1/2 lb. A stiff trigger will also cause larger groups, and flyers.

Basicly I hadn't bedded a rifle before so I got mike knifongs bedding video. It isn't a Hollywood production but he does a good job keeping the cammera in there so you can watch him bed a mini complete. It also has how to change gas port bushings. I bought an Brownells Acraglass Gel Kit, (green box)and Preped the mini, and bedded per the video. The actual bedding took about 15 min. Prep was 30 min. I rehearsed 3 times so the timing, and things at hand were right.

You can do the search and enter bedding, many posts, and more info will come up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts