Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that first mini is coming home this week! That is if I can sneak it in while the Mrs. is gone:rolleyes: .

It's a 186 series and has a B-Square scope mount but no scope. Any suggestions on what scope 4x or 3x9 that is best for the Mini?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Blackhawk I hope your happy with your Mini. Don't know what to tell ya on a scope, what ever works for you. I like fixed lower power like a 4X myself. 186 ser# was cutoff some preban some postban if I remember correctly. Did you get any magazines in the deal?;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 4X on mine. Works just fine. Since you do have a nice rifle do not get cheap on the scope. I have an older Weaver and is super clear. 150.00 - 200.00 and you will not be sorry (that is of course if you wife does not find out). A good 4X is better than a cheap 3X9 any day. Good luck. Oh yea better start stocking up on ammo. It seems to be getting a little more expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi.

I know what you mean by sneaking it in. I brought home a SIG P245 a couple of weeks ago under the radar.

My Mini-30 has a Burris Fullfield 3-9x. It was about $225(?). I'm not an expert but Burris seems to make good scopes for the money. I rarely use the higher magnifications so their 4x might've been a better buy for me.

Now I gotta go figure out how to sneak in a Bushmaster. Good Luck!

www.burrisoptics.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

No no mags in the deal but my dealer has plenty and I'll be getting a few. Yes it's a nice rifle and I won't go cheap on a scope as where I work I get 20% off optics. Ammo is going to be a problem as we also sell ammo and are out of .223 for now, on the other hand I'll be the first to know when more comes in!

It's a stainless mini with a flash hider and suppressor. In the future I hope to get a stabilizer and maybe a custom stock.

Thanks again for the replies!:usa:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gunrunner, Clark makes a gun barrel stabilizer for the mini they claim sub 1 in. groups at 100 yards. Pricey tho $245 if you order it and put it on yourself. bybon has come up with a shroud (very cool looking I might add) that is supposed to help with accuracy also . I pick my mini up tomorrow and will sight it in and then decide if I want to do any more. At any rate if bybon is going to sell any I think that's the route(yep I'm tight with a buck) I'd go!

Blackhawk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hows your mount holding up, Blackhawk?

I spent the first day at the range with just the iron sights. They were way off so I took my time getting things right. I have a B-Square mount and scope but I'm not sure if I want to put it on or not.

How's yours holding up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts