Perfect Union banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first chance to shoot the Mini-14 since I bedded the stock and added the Accu-strut.
At a 100 yards I could not see the holes and could only adjust my scope and see how I did at the range breaks so i only had 12 rounds down range. After the last adjustment I loaded 4 and disregarded the first shot to warm the gun and did my best to make a good group to see the results of all my tinkering. I must say I was shocked. I know this does not mean I have a 1moa shooter but i am betting it's 2moa and that was my goal.

581 ranch .223
added old wood stock
911 buffer in back
choate flash break
Accu-strut
bedded stock
next thing is the trigger but it seems OK to me. Like my RUGER Pistol

can't wait to get back out there, although I sure 1moa groups will be few and far between.

Thanks to all - without this site I would still be at 4moa

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congratulations on your awesome shooting! That is a GREAT looking rifle! Do you have another pic showing you Accu-Strut? I'm thinking seriously about getting one for my 185-series Mini (don't think I need one for you 582-series tactical)

Also, what scope are you using?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The scope is a Leaper 3-9x32 bug buster. It seems great but the eye relief was not as good has i would like. Get the Accu-strut it looks even better on the old barrel. i could only slide it up the the start of the taper. bedding help a lot do to the old stock fit kind of loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'd be thrilled if I could shoot 4 MOA. My mostly stock 580 is way better than I am, bean bag or not.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the photo, Fast! The Accu-Strut definitely looks good and I'm going to get one for my older Mini. I have the same 3-9x32 Bug Buster on my tactical.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
also check the muzzle crown, some of the Minis I've checked had burrs and uneven cuts.
my 189 series did too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts