Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
fine custom holsters
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first personal AR. Had shot them in the Army years ago, but had been pretty much a handgun guy until this. Rather tan buy a complete rifle, I went with building it myself. It saved me a few bucks and allowed me to be very familiar with the platform and my rifle from the beginning.

I started with an upper & barrel combo from JSE Surplus. It's a DTI (Del-Ton) upper & charging handle and 16" chrome lined middie. Added a 12" Midwest Industries Gen 2 SS hand guard and a YHM phantom flash hider. The BCG is a JSE M16.
I built the lower using a "blem" PSA lower & JSE lpk(mixed parts from Stag & RRA). Then added a knock-off Emod stock with milspec buffer tube assy., Magpul RVG, CAA flip up sights, UTG harris style bi-pod, and a KonusPro scope.

Had it at the range today to get it sighted in. Didn't have a chance to bore sight it properly so my first couple of shots were WAY OFF. Didn't Takeuchi to have it dialed in, though. I had test fired it a couple weeks ago at the farm right after finishing the build. I was having a FTF issue every few rounds, so didn't even try to sight it. Turns out I had the buffer too light. Shot over 100 rounds today without one hiccup.

I shot TulAmmo, American Eagle, & Remington 55g. All were perfectly fed and on target. Dialed it in at 25 yds, then ran it out to 100 yds.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
That's a very nice looking rig! Shoots very well too!

Congrats on your first build. ;)

I'm guessing you're already thinking about another one. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts