Perfect Union banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
I dont think the bill as written has a chance of passing. The House
In 1994 when finesteins first AWB bill went thru the house it was only passed by 2 votes and that was when the Dems had a large majority in the house. The leadership had Clintons golden tonge and popularity on their side. But they still had to bend a lot of arms to get it to squeak by and pass.
Even the now majority leader of the senate Harry Reed voted NO on it was on the floor of the senate . I dont really like Harry Reed. But he has always been pro 2nd ammendment.
I dont think he is particularly anxious to have finesteins bill as written go to the Senate.
I do think they will do something. BO hates guns and will not let up on congress till they do. Even if he has to tank the economy to do it.
Anyhow, calls made and letters written.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I dont think the bill as written has a chance of passing. The House
In 1994 when finesteins first AWB bill went thru the house it was only passed by 2 votes and that was when the Dems had a large majority in the house. The leadership had Clintons golden tonge and popularity on their side. But they still had to bend a lot of arms to get it to squeak by and pass.
Even the now majority leader of the senate Harry Reed voted NO on it was on the floor of the senate . I dont really like Harry Reed. But he has always been pro 2nd ammendment.
I dont think he is particularly anxious to have finesteins bill as written go to the Senate.
I do think they will do something. BO hates guns and will not let up on congress till they do. Even if he has to tank the economy to do it.
Anyhow, calls made and letters written.
He said today his daughters changed his mind on the issue (sorry your daughters did not elect you Harry the people did), it was on the radio today.
Barry has his arm and is twisting it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
There is no election at stake. The 1994 bill was a solution to the dems needing a big action card for the election. Ried has had a falling out with the NRA since then anyway. He is a putz.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
My guess is the current and useless Speaker of the House will push it through to try and get some concession on the cliff. NONE of these morons are looking out for WORKING Americans. I hope the first Iranian nuke that hits us, hits DC.

Fienstien is a puke, and always has been. On her web site she states that guns for "hunting and sporting purposes" will be exempt. I asked her to show me where in the US Constitution, it says the arm is to be for sporting purposes.

On her web page she also criticizes Sony Pictures for "Zero Dark Thirty's" alleged inaccuracies. I wrote her a not so nice letter and stated flatly we do not pay her to be a movie critic, we pay her to represent the people, which she is doing a poor job of, and also stated we pay her to create and pass a budget for the country. I said I bet Sony Pictures at least has a budget.

I said more but you get the gist of it.

I have always written these pukes with respect, in the past, but will not do so any more. Most likely too late, or would not have mattered anyway. I also pointed out to her that I was SURE she was aware that the moron that shot up the movie theater, had 7 theaters within a 20 min drive from where he lived, all showing Batman. I also pointed out that he chose the ONLY one that banned CCW carry firearms inside the theater. Also, that every one of the mass shootings have occurred in GUN FREE zones. Coincidence, I do not think so.

But alas, this country is sliding down a "gimme free stuff" slope and there is no ladder back up, so these liberal thinkers keep getting reelected.

Goodby former America, you were a sweet lady before.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well Fiesteins bill wil go to the senate first. So it will be interesting to see what happens. Even if it does pass it is dead in the house.
IMO the old hags bill wont be passed in the senate. Half the senate is 1 term or less senators.They dont have a voting record or power to keep their jobs if They are from a pro gun state. They will listen to the people who put them in there. I dont think even my bone head senator Reed will try to twist anyones very hard arm to get Finestines bill passed..
I think the Senate will wait to see what the Commision BO created will come up with. Comissions usully take a while to even get their brains to work up a good fart. So we may have a little more time for things to settle down.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well Fiesteins bill wil go to the senate first. So it will be interesting to see what happens. Even if it does pass it is dead in the house.
IMO the old hags bill wont be passed in the senate. Half the senate is 1 term or less senators.They dont have a voting record or power to keep their jobs if They are from a pro gun state. They will listen to the people who put them in there. I dont think even my bone head senator Reed will try to twist anyones very hard arm to get Finestines bill passed..
I think the Senate will wait to see what the Commision BO created will come up with. Comissions usully take a while to even get their brains to work up a good fart. So we may have a little more time for things to settle down.
Well, you are way more optimistic than I am, or the rest of the country for that matter. All you have to do is see how many AR's or Mini's you see on the shelves, and at sticker price. most are at least 50% higher, if they are there at all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im glad I got mine when I did.
While I know these officials are going to be pressured by anti 2nd citizens, they have to take a look at the people with mental illness that are walking the streets today due to the cuts in funding for tratment centers and hospitals. My wife has had several family members who have struggles, and one who died, due to mental issues, and I know its not as easy as just making a call when someone goes off the edge. There is a lot involved, and thats if you realalize at the time whats happening. Im just saying I believe thats something that should be addressed.
How many millions have to lose personal libertys because of a few random acts of terror by someone who is mentally unstable.
I applaud those of you who take the time to write and call. Im sure something will change, weather just to appease the whiners, or to satisfy Obamas hatred of the gun.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Im glad I got mine when I did.
While I know these officials are going to be pressured by anti 2nd citizens, they have to take a look at the people with mental illness that are walking the streets today due to the cuts in funding for tratment centers and hospitals. My wife has had several family members who have struggles, and one who died, due to mental issues, and I know its not as easy as just making a call when someone goes off the edge. There is a lot involved, and thats if you realalize at the time whats happening. Im just saying I believe thats something that should be addressed.
How many millions have to lose personal libertys because of a few random acts of terror by someone who is mentally unstable.
I applaud those of you who take the time to write and call. Im sure something will change, weather just to appease the whiners, or to satisfy Obamas hatred of the gun.
I think you hit the TRUE nail on the head. I have friends that work at state hospitals and you cannot imagine some of the things that go on. Then when you see some individuals walking around, that family members are afraid of, it's unnerving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts