Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lets start this new Forum off right, What are your favorite or best liked revolvers.

I like my S&W 686 with a 4 inch barrel. Its accurate handles well and 357 magnum is a great caliber. I bought it before the sellout.

I tend to favor auto pistols but everyone should have at least 1 revolver for backup.

TC:cannon:

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Ruger GP100, 6 inch barrel.
My wife's is her Security Six.
But my favirite is the Colt Python. Too bad its not in my budget to own one.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When are you planning to get the bipod for that hand cannon?
Will it be a hunting gun?
It's a beauty, like the one Joe Piscipoe had in Johnny Dangerously.
"It shoots through schools."

TC:cannon:
"Allons"

·
Registered
109 Posts
TC

It is quite the cannon isn't it, I do plan on taking it deer hunting with me this fall. Saw it in a gun shop and after three trips back and the inability to quit thinking about it I bought it. The weight of the long barrel makes it a pussy cat to shoot. Now I'm looking for a Smith 27 and a Smith 57 hopefully both in 8 3/8 inch barrels.

:D :D :D Allons - mad don

·
Registered
8 Posts
First let me say I'm mostly a 1911 type, not a wheelgunner, but...

The S&W 442 gets a lot of packin' miles...
the Dan Wesson 15, what a shooter for the money...
the Brazilian contract 1917, smooooth action, real cartridge...
3"HB round butt Model 10, slick version of a real classic...
the '17 Colt just to keep the S&W company...

mygod could this mean I'm turning into a...no no, 2 of them are 45ACP, they don't count...do they?

WHO DID THIS TO ME:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oh man, I don't know if I can pick a favorite. I like them all for different reasons. But, maybe I'd go with my 5" nickeled M27?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Smith & Wesson 686 Six inch in .357 very smooth:p

Last weekend a group of us went over to the old dump pit and did a little clay blowing. I realy liked a desert eagle in 44 mag, I got 3 clays off a sand bank at 50 yards with a 10 shot clip!
I'll never tell if they wher the ones I shot at...thats my little secret!

Also shot a 45-70, not sure the maker but OH---MANNN! I cant tell you if I actually hit anything with it or if the crater it left just engolfed the pigeon like a black hole! Either way the shock-wave should of killed anything in approximatly a ten foot circle. :cannon:

·
Registered
282 Posts
All of my N framed Smiths with a real fondness for my 625 4". Gotta agree with Dr Pig though on pretty, my nickel plated 5" mod 27 is just knock-dead gorgeous.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Punchie- You have a 5" nickeled M27, too? Isn't that just about the best looking gun ever made? Mine was one of 500 sold to the Florida Highway Patrol in the mid-1970s and has FHP stamped on the left side of the frame. Yours one of these? I ordered mine from a distributer when I had an FFL about 15 years ago. It arrived in 100% unfired condition. Must have been a spare or was issued to a detective who never actually carried it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Saxon, you would not believe where I got the 5" M27 from or what I had to pay for it. About 5 yrs ago it came in a 'lot' of confiscated weapons that was auctioned by a large metro jurisdiction. Lord knows how long it stayed around the evidence room. When we got it it was in an airtight baggie, couldn't even see a memory ring on the cylinder, and only discolored on two chambers from being fired. Bottom line was that I had to pay only 150 for it as part of the 'lot'.

Every time I start to kick myself for paying to much for a new (to me) gun, I pull that beauty out, gaze and fondle it, wipe it down and put it back in the safe. Sure makes me feel better.

G

·
It's not actually mine, but my favorite revolver is a .36 Navy Colt black powder my uncle assembled. It's a blast to shoot, although reloading it does take some getting used to. :D I've been saying I'd get one myself for years, but I never seem to get around to it...

It's not tactical. You can't carry it. It's a super hobby gun, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have always liked the old k frames. The pieces all fit so tight you couldn't see the seams unless you looked close. They always shot well for me. (unless someone screwed up the cylinder crane playing gangster) I've owned a bunch and still have several. They put a lot of care in the fitting and the finish that is very rare today.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have a M29-5 Classic that has a DA pull as smooth as butter & a single action that surprises me whenever the hammer falls. I have always shot autos but this Smith is a joy to shoot. I've loaded up some lead bullets & I'm anxious to see how they shoot.

Bushwack

·
Registered
1 Posts
My favorite: Smith M29 4"...pinned and recessed. Too heavy to carry, too short to shoot alot with heavy loads, but boy I love it! Second favorite, Smith 586 4". Custom trigger job...well not really, just like the 29, it have been fired and dry fired close to 10,000 times. Does wonders for that carbon steel. They are great to take to the range, nobody wants to shoot "that old thing", I guess its not as good as Glock or something.

·
Registered
282 Posts
'clees. I still get a lot of "that ol thing' when I go to the range. This is usually followed by "did you see how fast and accurate that old fart shot that thing" when I break out one of the 625s and a handful of moon clips.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts