Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I am not a rookie Mini owner, I bought my first two Mini's in 1976, I do have a question about factory mags. A local dealer sold me three supposably, Ruger Factory 30 round mags, sight unseen. The magazines he sent me came in sealed clear plactic bags with no markings on the bags. Without opening the bags I can see their is no marking on the floor plates of the mags. I am not absolutely sure, but I thought mags for the Mini 14 were marked on the floor plate and they came in a box. Would appreciate any info before I confront the dealer. Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not an expert, but I have 2 20's and 3 30's and all have a ruger logo and name on the bottom and ruger marked on the side.

·
Registered
160 Posts
USA magazines I believe have no markings........Oh oh!:eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just talked to the dealer I bought the magazines from and he insists that these ar Ruger Factory. He claims that Ruger was producing them toward the last with no markings. Can anyone else substantiate this? He also suggested I compare the weight to other 30 round after markets I have. All the others I have are 11/2 to 2 ozs. lighter. Still not proof enough for me. He said he would give me my money back but I don't want it back if they are in fact Ruger.....What to do???

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Airborne,,,,I recently had a similiar situation where I bought a "new in the box" Ruger 20 round mag. I paid a hefty price and when this "new" mag arrived, I was shocked!!! This obviously used mag, arrived in a wrong sized brown plain box!! Anyway, I got mad and promptly advised this company that I would call the Shotgun News as well as Gun Index (places where this Co advertises) and raise hell about this bull**** product....I was told by the Co that "somebody must have made a mistake" and that it would be taken care of. Well, as of today, I still do not have my "new mag." I imagine it will arrive shortly. I guess the moral of this story is that buying sight unseen, is a risky proposition....By the way, at least, it did have Ruger Mini 14 on the bottom.

Larry:2guns:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts