Perfect Union banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the factory mini 14 20 rd. mags starting to dry up?I ordered 2 today and had trouble finding them.Several of the places that usually have them were out of stock.Wonder if people are making a run on them because of the threat of another ban coming?:unsure:

·
Registered
663 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised, seems like half the people that own guns are highly superstitious/paranoid :wacko:

I have had luck with the ProMag 20's. Have 2 of them along with a factory 20 and factory 5.

Only had one issue with one of the promags and that was the first time I took it out. Since then its worked great.

YMMV, but for roughly ~$10 off each mag its worth the gamble in my mind.

·
AC-556 Owner
740 Posts
I own 4 factory 20's and stopped buying them after discovering the steel ProMags 20rds worked fine in my old mini (and my AC556)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are the factory mini 14 20 rd. mags starting to dry up?I ordered 2 today and had trouble finding them.Several of the places that usually have them were out of stock.Wonder if people are making a run on them because of the threat of another ban coming?:unsure:
I ordered a couple of the factory mags earlier this month from MidwayUsa and just checked their website for availibility. They are in stock. Although I have not tried the ProMag in my mini's, I can say the factory mags have never given me any issues. I may in the future pick up a ProMag, but for now I have plenty factory ones.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Midway will only sell you two mag's at a time for the Mini-14 or the Mini-30. I just placed an order on Monday (2,20 rd Mini-30 and 2, 20 rd Mini-14 mags)

And, I found that Midway wouldn't let me place another order for magazine's, until the next day in a seperate order.

They are limiting sale, to ensure everyone is able to buy some. I guess its their way to prevent stock piling or hording.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I have seven twenty's that I use all the time, a couple thirty's that I hardly ever use but have tried for reliability and four twenty's that are NIB in case any of my in use magazines quit working.

I have used those seven twenty round magazines for a lot of years in a few different Mini's and never had a magazine related malfunction. I might pick up some new springs and followers for them just to have on hand.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
People in Ca. are snapping up Mini 14's, 30's and mags because of the Obamination reelection. Its one of the few detach mag semi-autos legal for sale here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts