Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Yea, that is nice. I could grab it with my gloves on! Don't forget us stainless guys!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could use it with mittens on!;) It is a whole lot bigger than the Ruger factory catches. Don't worry, I'm angling for a stainless model myself.

Thanks again Flak 2. The catch is on the way back to you...
:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Say do you guys have a trick for reinstalling the latch, and the darn spring? I had a heck of a time getting it back in. I just had to walk away for a couple of days. Finally I put the pin only half way in, and using various probing, aligning devices got the pin thru the spring, leaving one end of the spring out side the box, then using a blunt end slot screwdriver forced the end of the spring, inside the box, at an angle, finally pushing the pin all the way thru. Whew! what a job. Anybody got an easier way? It almost drove me to :beer: :confused:

·
Registered
689 Posts
caj you need to use a slave pin, cut down a drill bit or something the same O.D. (outside diameter) as the original latch pin. The length of the slave pin will be the width of the latch. Assemble the spring and latch with the slave pin(the short pin you've made). now position the latch assembly in position in the trigger group. When lined up with the holes in the trigger housing push the factory latch pin in, as you push or tap the factory pin in it will push the slave pin out the opposite side. ;)

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Thanks Flak, the concept is so simple, no wonder I didn't think of that! I seem to always take the complicated route. Its a wonder I hadn't stabed my self with the screwdriver:eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi guys,
I remember a thread a while back where some were discussing having some of these made. Any progress on that??
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have two and lov'em.They are a little long for my taste as sometimes I hit them & drop the mag when not meaning to.I shortened mine a little,1/2-3/4" or so.You can always braze an extention to your existing catch.But the Federal Ordance piece is also longer on the mag catch end which makes them lock up better.:sniper:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ok guys,I have 2 or 3 prospects on producing this part.I'm not gonna mak'em one by one on my mill.Having it done is no problem.Cost per unit of having it done is the problem.I don't even remember how much I paid for mine from F.O. several years ago.Long story short,I'm pricing to see how much $$$ per 100 units.Maybe 50 chromemoly & 50 stainless.I'll be back.:sniper:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys Carl At Accuracy Systems Inc. (the good guy in Colorado) has extra long mag releases in stock in SS or blued...
Also check out the "pin" bedding as he calls it... I have that on my new 6mm PPC and it is rock solid...
AB

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lee Hadaway makes them at The Arms Room, I just got one and they're just as good as my old Federal Ordnance models.

·
Been here forever.....
221 Posts
i have got the cad file from Chris back in November, and one of my buddies finally made one for me about two weeks ago. it is kind of a nasty one to machine. would work better if someone could be found to cast them.....
my bud is looking to see if he can simplify it a bit to make it easier to machine. I will let everyone know if i can get him to do several. stainless would be hard on tools (again, if machined).
anyway, i am still working on it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts