Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I am new to this forum and am returning to shooting after 20 years so please excuse the lack of knowledge on my part. I am looking at a 581-6??? serial # Mini 30 Tactical at my LGS. It appears to be in very good condition to my untrained eye. What are some things I should look for when considering this used rifle, particularly any evidence of corrosion from the Eastern-Bloc ammo I have been reading about. Thank you for your input. I have already garnered a great deal of good information from this forum.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Most easy to see is pitting in the barrel, there are some inexpensive bore lights you can get and view the condition. Newer guns should be in good shape, pull the bolt back and shake to see if the any sounds loose or missing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

Thanks to both of you for the information. I shoot frequently at this LGS so the owner was more than happy to disassemble the rifle for me to take a good look at it. I am pleased to report it showed little signs of any normal use and no evidence of corrosion. I bought the rifle and was pleased that (while only on the 25 yard indoor range) I was able to consistently group in the X ring. 60 American factory rounds through with no issues.Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Glad to hear its working for ya!

Pictures are always welcome ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts