Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any real experience with these? Everyone always says "save your pennies and buy the real thing" and I agree, but I am just wanting to hear from people who have actually tried them, held them, held one AND an eotech. Any quality differences? I have heard they hold a good zero.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are complaints about the clones on some of the AR forums I've been on. One guy has two dots on his. ???

Jim
Thank you, now this is what I want to hear.
Mannlicher, someone had to lol

Really? WTEFF? Two dots? Hey as long as one was in the center haha
Other than that, they seem to be OK is what I have heard.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Also, cheap Chinese batteries that burned a state trooper and destroyed his Glock when it expired. If you want something to stake your life on, do you really want to go with a knockoff? I went cheap, but I got two Tasco Silver Stag red dot scopes. They work great, and I haven't had any problems with them in the past year. One even handled 3" 12 gauge slugs and buckshot.

Jim

·
Registered
80 Posts
There's a reason they're referred to as clones, they're never as good as the original!

Just because they're referred to as: Red Dot, Reflex, holographic (non EoTech), doesn't mean that they are worth the $30 or $100 you pay for them!

I'll gladly pay $300, again, without questions, for the dependability that I expect, from a name brand that I trust, as a user/believer in the product since 1989: EoTech!;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have an EoTech 511 that's mounted on my SBR. For close quarters combat, you can't beat them for my money. The only problem with it is that it eventually drains the batteries even when not in use. It does let you know before they're going to go, however, so you have plenty of time to replace them. I've got a Tasco Pro Point also that I use on my AR with a dedicated .22 upper. It's always performed perfectly but I'm not sure I'd bet my life on it. The clones, etc. are fine if you're only plinking at the range but if your life is on the line, you won't regret the extra money you spent for the best.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've had a Bushnell Holo Sight for two years now.

So far it's been on my .308 AP4, my 10/22, and my 20ga without any issues.

Two notes if you decide to get one of these though.

-1. Put tape over the windage adjustment just to make sure it doesn't move.
-2. Take the batteries out when not in use because it will drain them.

These are good sights for the money but there is a reason the Military uses EoTechs and AimPoints

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had a Bushnell Holo Sight for two years now.

So far it's been on my .308 AP4, my 10/22, and my 20ga without any issues.

Two notes if you decide to get one of these though.

-1. Put tape over the windage adjustment just to make sure it doesn't move.
-2. Take the batteries out when not in use because it will drain them.

These are good sights for the money but there is a reason the Military uses EoTechs and AimPoints
You do know that EoTech manufactures the Holosight, and Bushnell only puts their name on it, right? They're not 2 different things.:cool:

I'm only on my 3rd set of N batteries, in 5 years of constant use, and I've never taken them out to prevent drainage. Which batteries are you using, SevenMM?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone, I know Eotech rocks the world. I already knew that. I know they are the tits and nothing beats them, except aimpoint, and even then it's pretty much user preference.
I don't want to know when the batteries will die.
I want to know if anyone has put a clone on their AR, and has some good or even bad to say about it.
I appreciate the replies but my goal was to see if anyone has had first hand experience with a clone, and has something good to say about them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Everyone, I know Eotech rocks the world. I already knew that. I know they are the tits and nothing beats them, except aimpoint, and even then it's pretty much user preference.
I don't want to know when the batteries will die.
I want to know if anyone has put a clone on their AR, and has some good or even bad to say about it.

I appreciate the replies but my goal was to see if anyone has had first hand experience with a clone, and has something good to say about them.
For the question you asked, and from the responses you've received, it looks like most are trying to encourage you not to waste your money on the clones, only to save you from disappointment or regret.

If you choose to ignore what others are trying to help you with, only you will have to accept the results of your own decision.

Either way, whatever you choose, Joey, we wish you Good Luck!;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For the question you asked, and from the responses you've received, it looks like most are trying to encourage you not to waste your money on the clones, only to save you from disappointment or regret.

If you choose to ignore what others are trying to help you with, only you will have to accept the results of your own decision.

Either way, whatever you choose, Joey, we wish you Good Luck!;)
Lol, I know this. I know they are. I know not to waste my money on clones. I just want one for the time being, then when I have enough cash for the real thing, I will buy it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I am talking a full on clone. one that is not made by eotech like the bushnell is. Full on, probably chinese made.
where have you seen one? if its like 30 bucks id buy one especially if it runs off AA batteries that would be pretty sweet. would be a definite improvement from my $30 "chinese made POS" BSA red dots the 2032 coin cell batteries are expensive like 9 bucks for a 3 pack, 9 bucks would buy a 18 pack AA's:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.