Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of years ago I bought a Mini 14 Ranch Stainless and with a composite stock for the Y2K. I mounted a Swift 4x32 scope on it and went shooting.

Four to five inch group at 100 yds! Now I learned that I have a normal out of the box mini 14. But the spent brass...

It flies some two or three lanes across the range (30 to 50 feet) before landing on somebody else shooting area. Almost all the cases have a dent at the mouth and I noticed that the charging handle was getting hit by the brass after ejection.

For the sake of my fellow shooters, I need to reduce the distance the spent brass travels across the bench.

Where may I get the "orifice reduction" or something similar for the gas block?

thanks,

mygunstoo

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey myguns2, You can order a gas bushing kit from Mike Knifong. It GREATLY reduces recoil, and distance, and damage to brass. 3 different size bushings to adjust recoil to your mini, and loads. It is $25. If you throw in your trigger assy, for another $25 mike will do a trigger job for you. Its a combo deal. Includes shipping. You can E-mail Mike at: [email protected]

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yes. Orifice kit will drop shells 5-10 feet away, and no dented mouths. Or else, you could try a brass catcher. You can get it at bushmaster.com - Problem with the brass catcher is, the cases will still have dents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts