Perfect Union banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been considering putting a compensator on my Mini and I came across this fully adjustable Effin A compensator by Ares Armor. PredatorARMAMENT.com has a the EFFIN-A Compensator from Ares Armor. AR-15 muzzle breaks and compensators. The EFFIN-A Compensator from Ares Armor It's produced for the AR15, AK47 and AR10. I do not want to have left hand threads put on my barrel so I am considering the AR10 model. I guess my question to the forum is do you think a 1" diameter compensator would look ridiculous on the .625 barrel not being flush? Also another route would be to have the barrel threaded to 1/2 x 28 and use a thread adaptor to size up to 5/8 x 24. Then have the adapter put on the lathe to get a smooth transition from 5/8 to 1 inch. That brings me to my next question. Has anyone ever seen a tapered thread adapter marketed to transition from barrel size to compensator diameter?

·
Registered
157 Posts
No it's either one or the other. I threaded mine 14x1 LH and no modifications other then threads to my barrel.There are a lot of hiders/comps out there for this thread .You can also get a reducer from 14x1 LH to 12-28 RH. I would do my research on the comps first before deciding on modifying the barrel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I went ahead and ordered the AR10 version. When it arrives ill drop it and the barrel off at the smith. Im going to have two inches knocked off before threading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts