Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after selling thousands of items, mostly firearms related, on eBay over the years, I have decided to severe all ties with them. Sadly, they don't seem to realize how much revenue they generate from online auctions for gun parts and accessories, and they just tossed away a seller with a 100% positive feedback record (me). Everyone should understand that the anti-gun attitudes over at eBay mirror the same views held by California politicians. Whatever direction the political winds are blowing in California determines eBay's attitude toward sellers of legal (and popular) products. As a gun owner, I've had it with eBay, and I would encourage others to find alternatives for online purchasing as well.

· Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, Woodstock, I don't fail to understand that at all, seemingly or otherwise. There are plenty of private businesses in California that conduct business within the framework of the law, but are not compelled to drift with every wave of political influence, such as eBay. Although I have conducted much (legal) business on eBay over the years, that company has made it abundantly clear that they would rather not have to cope with firearms related auctions. My most recent experience was merely the tipping point for me, and I "quit" eBay. If you wish to defend them, that is certainly your prerogative, however.

· Registered
3,368 Posts
I don't mean to sound like I am defending them. There are plenty of things that irritate me about Ebay/Paypal and the gun thing was one of them but I have never had any problems selling gun related parts as long as it wasn't anything necessary to make the firearm shoot or a magazine I listed honestly (unlike most) as holding 12 rounds. I actually have much better luck selling firearms related items on Gunbroker or some of the forums for sale sections anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.