Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an Eagle flash hider with an HK style sight on my mini 14. It made it shoot really low. When i went to sight it in today I moved the peep as far as i could to bring the bullet up but it still shoots low. I know there are aftermarket peep sights available but i dont know if that will solve the problem. Is there anyway i can keep the original peep and zero it in? Do I need to buy a new rear sight? Any thoughts are very much appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Grinch, maybe you can take a small file and work the front sight down a little at time until you get it where you want. I installed a Choate f/h sight combo and it worked perfectly. It was one of the best mods I could have done. I couldn't pick up the original front sight when I brought the rifle home, but the Choate solved that. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heya Grinch,

I hear you on the Eagle HK-style flash hider. I put one on my Mini14 and it sucks; like you, my rifle shoots way low now. I just took the front sight off (you can unsrew it from the flash suppressor) and ordered a Weaver mount & rings from Cabelas. I am now considering what scope I want to put on the rifle.

Makes you wonder how much R&D, if any, Eagle put into that item before they went to market with it. Seems to me that they just made sure it fits on the barrel and looks good, but didn't actually test for relative accuracy.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what others have to say.

- Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts