Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mag just arrived from Brownell's. I hope it does'nt perform as bad as it looks. It came with a screw and a nut in the ziplock bag. Why? I have no idea!!! I cycled 10 rounds here in the living room 5 times. It worked good except it had trouble chambering the first round. Usual bull****. The round is not held in the mag at a high enough angle for the point of the bullet to clear. It held open the bolt consistently, and seems to fit well in the receiver.
I'll put it through the torture test on Monday, and post results. I did'nt think the feed lips would also be plastic. That will make tweeking it to improve it impossible.
J2H

April 7th 2002
Well, I just put it to the test. It failed. It was'nt the worst I've seen. The plastic wears fast. If it was steel, it might have potential. It fit incredibly well in the receiver. It was a dream to load, but like ALL the rest, it would eventually feed the round too low.
I'm going to buy another cheap metal p.o.s. , and tweek it until it works flawlessly. I guess that's the final option with all this junk.
And the new, stronger hammer spring allowed the Mini-40 to digest all Wolf ammo.
Back to the drawing board!!!
J2H

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Mags...It seems to me, that I keep hearing the same names over & over again when it comes to being reliable. 1. Ruger Factory 2. PMI/John Masen 3. Western and then the long list of others.......In the Mini 14 mag arena, you have to pay to play....:)

Larry;)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Im a little surprised I read an article just the other day saying the Eagle mags were some of the best. Thanks you may have saved me some trouble.

Good Shooting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts