Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 3 E-lander mags back in Dec. I've had them for a few weeks and thought I'd share my experience.

I have a complete Rock River Lefty Operator. All 3 mags unloaded will lock and release with ease. At about 15 rounds all three require a tap on the bottom to seat with bolt closed. With 15 rounds, it takes a bit of pressure to release. Nothing major.

Fully loaded these mags will not load into the receiver with the bolt closed without a FIRM slap. I mean FIRM. I've had them loaded for a few weeks without any change in performance.

I have not taken these out to the range for obvious ammo shortage reasons. Removing rounds with my fingers is a real PITA! I did hand cycle a mag without any issues.

They feel solid and will make good range mags. Perhaps once I get out and shoot, the spring will loosen up and they will sit better. I'll let you know in 2014 when I am able to get more ammo.;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
To unload an AR mag quickly try this little trick. You can unload an AR mag in less that 30 sec with this trick.

Step 1: The mag needs to be in your support hand with the nose of the rounds pointing towards the deck.

Step 2: Take a round in your hand and put the point against the SECOND round in the mag and push down towards the base of the mag.

Step 3: The first round should fall free as all pressure from the mag spring is off of the first round.

Step 4: Let the tip of the round that is in your right hand slide onto the next round while maintaining pressure on the mag spring. This will allow the second round to drop free. rinse and repeat until the mag is empty.

Once you get a rythm down then it should only take seconds to download a mag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds familar, I just bought 3 of the e-lander mags and have to slap them in as well to get them to seat properly. My Colt is brand new and a few guys here on the forum said that the tight fit will loosen up as the gun gets used more often. just my .02 cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.