Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, there I was, at the range last Saturday... my first day with that pretty little lady, the SA M1A.

Loved it! I was borrowing it from a friend, who was nice enough to hand it over along with a CASE full of Brazilian surplus ammo.

Having pretty good results at 100 yards, no complaints for the first time out with her. So I try switching ammo-- just to see.

I load up a mag full o' my premium boxed ammo-- PMC loaded with Sierra MatchKing 168 gn. BTHP, and lock her into place.

Squeeze the trigger... and... BAM! First shot-- right in the bullseye. But I notice that the bolt hasn't locked in place. The mag dropped down about half way out of the well, and had mashed one of those Sierra beauties into the wall.

Went back to Brazilian, no problems... tried the PMC again, the mag drops out again.

Now, I know these aren't hot rounds-- I've been using them without a complaint in my Rem 700 for the last 2 years.

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thing is, (and thanks for all the replies, guys) I wasn't shooting handloads. I was shooting factory loaded PMC w/ Sierra 168gn bullets-- at 2650 fps.

Just curious, really. I plan to start handloading my .308, but for factory ammo, the most accurate round I've found was that PMC stuff... I'd be bummed if I couldn't use it in my M1A.:sniper:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.