Perfect Union banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
The new baby. Stock pouch with two SR-9 17 rounders, and a 1" GI type sling from Tech Sights.

My Ruger gang:
1) 1999 Ruger Mini-30
2) 1990 Ruger Ranch
3) 2021 Ruger PC9
4) Ruger 10-22 w factory walnut stock I got in 1973

Well, folks got a right to a different opinion...but by my estimation you have the perfect battery to cover just about any situation or need you are ever likely to encounter. I tip my hat to you Imarangemaster....well done sir! :love:

Reactions: codger

·
Cognitive Dissident
3,099 Posts
I must say I approve.

This is my "gonna come some trouble" gun.

Ready for anything with 50 rounds on board.

Reactions: Marlin 45 carbine

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Living in a rural neighborhood now (1/2 to 5 acres parcels) instead of in the mountains like I did, I think the PC9 is a better option for Home Defense (I used to use my 5.56 Mini for an HD carbine). I have the PC9 loaded with 17 rounds of Federal 9BPLE 115 +P+. When fired from a carbine, it gives 1616 fps/666.5 ft lbs muzzle energy! That's 100 ft lbs than most .357 magnum loads, and only a little less than lower end .41 Mag!

I have a range day scheduled for the 12th. I'll also be taking my new Kel-Tec RDB-C 5.56 bullpup to try it also.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I got one but mine is in .40 S&W because I don't do 9MM anything because WE ALL KNOW!!! that proper Handgun Calibers all start with a .4 !!! I'm slinging 165-180 gr plated bullets and 175gr PC'd Cast Boolits as well.

I have shot mine in Front Sight Rifle Classes and it has performed well out to 150-175 yards in my local 3 gun shoots. There is some hold over required for the long shots as well as Kentucky Windage as well., but over all it has been a good performer. Inside 100 yards it is a solid performer.

As far as accuracy? Mine has a Bushnell TRS 25 Red Dot Sight on it and the accuracy is adequate for shooting the types of things you'd shoot with one of these guns in a Urban setting. I'm good for a little over 1" at 50 yards with the Red Dot. Sighted In Dead On at 75 yards which is 1" high at 50 and 3" low at 100. Beyond that you just aim for the head and you'll hit something that matters below it. Holdover at 200 yards is about 2 feet.

Wood Trigger Plant Automotive exterior Gun barrel

I am currently waiting for the Magpul Backpacker Stocks to come back into stock so I can get one of those. Then I can fully use the takedown feature and it will definitely be a Back Pack type of gun, that can be close at hand most of the time.

There are a few Manual of Arms things to get used to. The Mag Release is on the left side, and you run it with your support side thumb, and you also operate the bolt catch with that thumb. Keep the bolt handle on the right side or your support hand will get too busy dealing with magazines, and manipulations etc.

These guns have been a Big Home Run for Ruger. But if you are waiting for the 10MM or .45 ACP it ain't gonna happen as it would require a completely different gun to cope with the bolt thrust of the bigger cartridges. I got that from the source! That's why I went with the .40S&W version, and the fact that I'm already committed to Glock Pistols (35 and 23) there is Mag Compatibility as well. I have one 22 round Glock mag that doesn't like to work in this gun, and I finally had the good sense to mark it so it doesn't end up in the belt again on race day.

I really like this gun!

Randy

·
Registered
29 Posts
The new baby. Stock pouch with two SR-9 17 rounders, and a 1" GI type sling from Tech Sights.

My Ruger gang:
1) 1999 Ruger Mini-30
2) 1990 Ruger Ranch
3) 2021 Ruger PC9
4) Ruger 10-22 w factory walnut stock I got in 1973

What stock pouches are these? With my old pc9 I had an Uncle Mikes that was in rough shape. I ended up selling that rig to a dealer in Buffalo for around $600 just about two months before the new PCC9 came out! But I haven't been able to find a decent stock pouch for mag storage yet . . .

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Aren't you guys using the Glock Mags ? They are readily available and cheap and work well. Magpul even makes 9 mm Glock mags. You probably have Glock Pistols?

Randy

Reactions: FLA45fan

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have a Glock 19 with Cali legal pre-ban high caps I have had since my LEO days, but didn't want to share necessarily them with the PC 9 (I only have 7 Glock High Caps!). I bought my first PC9 just before the 2019 "Freedom Week". I ordered 6 of the factory 17 round Ruger SR-9 mags for $20 a piece for it during freedom week. When I later traded that PC 9 for a near mint USGI M1 Carbine, I kept the 17 round SR9 mags, since I figured I would get another..

If I lived in free America, I'd just buy a bunch more Glock High Caps (Glock 17 +2 19 rounders), but can't.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
The PC9 is actually my second 9mm carbine I have. Here is the first...1945 Inglis (Browning) Hi Power with holster/shoulder stock and tangent rear sight.

It is identical to the one I had in the 1980s. I used it in a pistol CQB running gun course I did at a LEO firearms Instructor school in the 1980s. It was bad A$$! Same school where a I fired a Ruger AC-556-K 11.5" full auto mini. It was Bad A$$ too!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
On a similar note: Here is my original PC Carbine. Glock 35 .40 S&W with Burris Fast Fire III and 1 Shot Pistol Brace. This is totally Legal in CA because the Brace is NOT attached to the gun in any way. The gun is held in the Pocket of the Brace solely by your Grip.

People underestimate the accuracy of the Stock Mounted Pistol however this setup has proven extremely accurate out to 200yards. On the Short Range Silhouette Course I went 10/10 on 50 M Chickens, 9/10 on 100 M Pigs, 4/10 on 150 M Turkeys, and 6/10 on 200M Rams. 1st time out!. It is super steady and with the Red Dot Sight, and very fast to get on target, and with Iron sights on my G23 the Sight Picture is dead solid.

Randy

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

With this set up and my PC Carbine in .40 S&W using the same magazines, I can grab and go for many situations. The Pistol set up all fits into one LAPG Bail Out bag.
When the Magpul Backpacker stock comes in it will fit into one of my smaller backpacks, along with every thing necessary to keep it running. Should be coming soon!

Randy

21 - 33 of 33 Posts