Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,I try this again.These are a couple of pics of my wanabee mini 14 Draganov.She has Choate stock,VOMZ Russian 4X32 scope with a Draganov rangefinding/^ sniper reticule,S&K mount,homebrewed barel sleeve/shroud made from extra HD stainless hydralic seamless tubing.Ported 4 vent hole muzzlebreak was an attempt to make a poormans BOSS.It didn't work very well,shroud gave me better groups.She will group 2" at 100 yards.Aldo

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Aldo,
I was looking through some of the older posts and came across your Dragunov/Mini with the Barrel shroud, and I was wondering if you have made any more, how well they help in accuracy, do you have anyfor shortened barrels, and of course how much for one. I am interested, and it looks good.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Aldo, I forgot to ask if it could be used with the BW Muzzlebreak?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for missing your post.Yes I have made a few more shrouds for close friends,sorry none are for sale.Yes the shrouds help with accuracy."around 2 MOA at 100 yards with good US made ammo"they were 4 MOA + before.Drawbacks these shrouds are heavy." add 3/4 pound to rifle"They are made form 1"OD seamless stainless steel tubing"It comes with a .5" hole in it allready and has to be reamed out to 9/16" to fit over most barrels"You need a lathe and drill press and alot of time to make one up"alot of drilling and tapping,the setscrew holes"I felt as tho the muzzle break with a shroud is a little much,you could make it up without to much trouble"Just make shroud shorter and add muzzle break to end with dowel pins attached to shroud"I am sure there are better machinest out there to make you one up.I am a millwright with machine work as a secondary part of my trade,a weekend shade tree gunsmith wanabee.Aldo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.