Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have an opinion? I have never owned AR. Have only shot one a few times! looked at quite a few of them. I think its time to buy! I was told that back in the day DPMS were good firearms! But there machining is worn out! There newer stuff is no good! Does any one share the same opinion? or have any info. to enlighten? Much appreciated!

·
Registered
852 Posts
They still make decent stuff for the money. Their 308 platforms are pretty good and get good reviews and shoot pretty dang good from all the reports I have seen on them. Armalites are also a good .308 option, especially now that they accept DPMS pattern mags, (or PMAGS at least). I built a DPMS pattern 308 from parts (ranier arms, Mega, etc) and I can shoot a ragged hole at 100 yds. I have heard pretty good reviews of their Oracle .308 too. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. It will be my first AR. I don't want to get burned. I saw one at L.G.S. Last week. This guy was looking at it. Caught my eye? I asked how much? When they were done with there transaction the salesman came back to me & told me the price. I looked at a pistol & left. This thing stuck with me! Next day I went back Asked to see AR.in 308 Cal. They showed me everything on the shelve? I explained what I say prior day? guy went in the back came out with A sealed box opened it I fondled The piece and decided It Has everything one needs right out of the box! I wouldn't change A thing except for addition of optics. I am mainly concerned with the quality of upper, lower, barrel,Ect. Any more Info.available? will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Frankly, there's so much competition right now in the AR-world, I find it hard to imagine that an established company, such as DPMS, is going to survive as long as they have if their products were no good.

In fact, I've had NO problems with any of the DPMS components I've used in my builds. Actually, I'm a fan.

Are DPMS rifles "top-tier"? No, I don't believe they are.

However, I do believe DPMS rifles and components provide a very good value for the shooter who wants a good to very good rifle that is used for whatever purpose it was intended for.

For instance, I used a Mini-SASS barrel on my Mega Arms build and I could not be happier with the results I'm seeing from it. In short, that rifle shoots better than I can.

I hope this endorsement helps in your decision process. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts