Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All So I recently purchased a DPMS panther at a gun show and I was wanting to get feed back as I have a bit of buyers remorse when I found a S&W M&P 15 sport for a bit cheaper.

DPMS: $715 S&W: $665

Obviously the S&W doesn't come with forward assist or dust cover, but it did come with factory flip sights. Do you guys think I made the right purchase here? Regardless I'm still going to be happy with the DPMS as I hear it's a fine gun. Just feel like S&W would have an advantage warranty wise, and seems to barrel maybe of better quality.

Feel free to be honest and add your thoughts folks :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I have to say that I personally think the S&W would be the better value for the reasons you mentioned (unless the forward assist or dust cover are important to you) but, at todays prices and no more difference than there are in those prices, you did fine. Where do you live that you are finding these kinds of deals if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for input, I live in SC. Got it at a gun show at that price I jumped on it quick as in retail stores I haven't seen a panther under $750 new even before all the price increases. They only had 1 as well. The S&W a guy had a couple of them new and I saw them later at the gun show. Talked to a couple people at the show and they seemed to lean more towards the Panther didn't go into much detail why tho.

I have to say that I personally think the S&W would be the better value for the reasons you mentioned (unless the forward assist or dust cover are important to you) but, at todays prices and no more difference than there are in those prices, you did fine. Where do you live that you are finding these kinds of deals if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
182 Posts
No Remorse Dang It!

At those prices you would have done good either way in my opinion.

One friend just picked up an unfired DPMS with a few upgrades and a few 30 round magazines for over twice what you paid.

No big deal about a dust cover or a forward assist, but I did notice while watching him shoot, that his empties were ejecting at about the 5 o'clock position because of the lack of a deflector on this rifle.

I think a person shooting it left handed might want to be wearing some shooting glasses...should be anyway of course. ;)

You did just fine! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.