Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in replacing my flash sup with a double brake. My barrel is 13" with permanent attach. Is the brake long enough to keep me legal?
thanks
m

·
Registered
716 Posts
The brake is 4" long, and extends my gun's overall length exactly 1 7/8". That said, the barrel is inserted approximately 2 1/8" into the brake.

13" + 1 7/8" = 14 7/8"
Even if the law considers the brake to be a legitimate 'extension' to your barrel length, then you won't make it to 16".

That is, if you attach it the way the brake manufacturer intended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats about what I figured it would be by looking at the brake. Do you know are they all the same with the notch cut out on the top? Other than the notch...there is an entire inch to work with to attach it otherwise.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yes, they all have the notch, but:

1. How does the law look at it (is it a real extension of barrel length)? I would suggest finding out, less become a felon...

2. How are you going to mount it then? It may be more difficult than you think...

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
You may want to check dia., A lot of brakes are made to fit over std. factory sight. ***HEY! I just measured my barrel, I expected a slight normal taper, but at the gass block, .559, just aft of the machine mark (2 1/2 inches aft of sight) barrel measures .575, then just fwd of the machine mark .562, and just behind sight .562. Is anyone elses barrel lumpy ? I can run my finger down the barrel and feel it! Like a chicken snake just swalled a chicken!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts