Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my pre ban Mini out to DRC custom guns to have some work done....just got her back , he cut the barrel down to 16.5 , recrowned the barrel, put a compensater/flash hider on, and a blast cone. Awesome!!! I have a bunch of before and after pics, if someone will tell me how to post I will.:sniper:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Cajun , I tried to post them but I was having problems, can I email them to you, then you post them? Maybe your better with the computer.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Those are nice pictures Dogman. The job looks very professionally done. I guess the purpose of the cone is to keep the blast out of your face, and eyes?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The purpose of the Blast cone is to cut down on the noise and backblast of that comp/flash hider. I saw two articles in Guns & Weapons for law enforcement on Davids work and I can tell you he is 100% customer service. He has a site under DRCgunsights- check him out! He claims that the barrels on the Mini-14s are great except for the last couple of inches, so he cuts them to 16 1/2 and recrowns them. I can tell you - the difference in accuracy is noticible! The gun is more accurate. I'll post a couple of targets. Glad you guys like her! Dogman out:sniper:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Dogman1

REAL NICE!!

Read the same article in Guns & Weapons, not leo but find many pieces done on the mini over the years. Always though about having barrel shortened on my mini. Question did you think about getting the scout mount DRC does? May I be so bold to ask about how much the work you've had done cost. DRC website has been under construction for along time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not a fan of the scout site, (and I'm sure there are valid reasons for it, & users who swear by it) I wanted this Mini to be a CQB type of weapon. Thats what it is set up for, and I have other CQB weapons , but now - she handles and shoots so much quicker/& nicer. I can't say enough about DRC guns mainly because of the horror stories I've read about on this site about another Mini14 gunsmith.DRC will do what ever you ask of him , he's a Mini14 Gunsmith! Enough said! He knows the mini! The whole job,including the shipping cost around $200.-- & I got the gun back in under 2 weeks & will be using it in a Combat Shoot this month. Great workmanship-and I love the blast cone-looks so menacing!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :D :) :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dogman 1

Thanks for the reply and have a great time at the combat shoot with your "new" CQB weapon. You'r right about the blast cone, very menacing. Thanks again

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Dogman, I know you have been trying to post your pictures in the gallery so I moved them from the Mini talk forum, for the members to drool over.:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Originally posted by Dogman1
I have a buddy that owns a Gun Shop & he gave me three New in the box Aimpoint Red Dot scopes- I mounted one on my David Clay Mini14 folder & I have a few pics of it, but I am having a hard time posting it. If anyone could help me post the pic I would love too. Thanks & Enjoy.
NICE!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
can that side-plate mt. work on an Aimpoint ML2? Does it work on a Weaver kind of set-up? I assume it's stock Aimpoint right?

I have an ML2 now with a Weaver ring on a similar base (not Aimpoint manuf.) but if I can upgrade, that'd be better .

please advise.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Some buddy you have to give you 3 reddots!

BTW, I merged your threads, as in the gallery we are limited to 1 thread per member, but you can add whatever to your thread.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hey special poop, the answer to your question is YES. Your ml2 will fit just fine on the mount pictured,which looks to be a b-square.I have one just like it and really like it! It has several stabilizing screws that keep the zero very well (I've had mine sighted in for years without adjusting.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts