Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of laws in Canada about barrels on rifles that are SA and less than 18 1/2", I'm going with the Accu-Strut. Does that do the same thing as shortening the barrel, re stiffening for accuracy?

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's the concept, and in my experience it works very well. I have a scoped 186 that I added an Accu-Strut and a ATI Strikeforce stock to. My last trip to my neighbors backyard range (50 yds) was to sight-in the new Hammers scope, and I shot a horizontal group 1" long with all holes touching. Prior to these mods, I couldn't predict where the next shot was going. Needless to say, I'm a believer.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It probably does a little better. It also acts as a heat sink which is one of the major issues with the skinny barrels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will be interesting to see whether the Mo-Reaper Front sight/Flash-hider/Heat sink coupled with the Accura-Strut Accurizer/Heat sink will do the deed and bring about the target goal of 1 1/2" to 2" at 100 yds. with factory hard ball ammo. For hunting I'd be shooting a worked up hand load so that might even smooth things out a bit more.

I'll also have the rifle glass bedded by then and the trigger will be done. What a neat little rifle!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
It is tempting for me to remove my accu strut which I installed first with the 18 1/2" barrel and see how much improvement shortening the barrel to 16 1/2" did by itself. It took a bit of work to get the accu strut on there solid so it would stay put so I'm reluctant to remove it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.