Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not trying to start a flame war. But, I was wondering if anyone likes the Mini-14 more than their AR? I have had several ARs. I never really trusted them to go bang. I also like the smaller size and Garand like handling on the Mini better. Am I crazy?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I do prefer the portability of the Mini over the AR15 I owned although it was very reliable. A good deal better than either though was the AR180 I used to have...

·
Registered
689 Posts
For just plinkin and close stuff yes. For serious plinkin I'll take the AR. I like the looks of the mini,s and it's more dependable than my AR's. I've been doin a little playin around with a couple of Romanian SAR'3's (223cal. AK's) they're a blast to shoot also. The SAR3's hold about the same groups as my mini's 3-5'' at about 100yds or so, there also dependable with the East German 223 steel mags. Buy I'll always have a Mini around it was the 2nd centerfire semiauto I owned a Iver Johnson M1 carbine was my first. I no longer have the little I.J., but still have that first mini along with a few more now.;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Did your Mini 14 10 round magazines arrive? How about a report, Dave? :cool:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy said he shipped them yesterday. I should be seeing them later this week. I hope to test them Saturday.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts