Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was changing the combo on my safe and my wife started talking to me while I was in the process. I lost concentration and succeeded in changing the combo but forgot what it was! I ended up with the door open but locked and couldn't get it unlocked. I spent the day at work trying to remember the new combo and came home and started punching in numbers to no avail. I looked in the owners manual and it said the mfg doesn't store combos, and if you forget yours you'll have to a lock smith drill it out. I figured with it locked open there would be access through the inside of the door, but it would still require a lock smith.
So I took my new puppy out for some exercise and was thinking about the number I had planned on using and where I might have gone wrong. Sure enough I was off by one number because of the layout of the key pad not being typical of like a 10 key. So I gave it another try and got it right! Man, was that a close one!

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
This morning I was changing the combo on my safe and my wife started talking to me while I was in the process. I lost concentration and succeeded in changing the combo but forgot what it was! I ended up with the door open but locked and couldn't get it unlocked. I spent the day at work trying to remember the new combo and came home and started punching in numbers to no avail. I looked in the owners manual and it said the mfg doesn't store combos, and if you forget yours you'll have to a lock smith drill it out. I figured with it locked open there would be access through the inside of the door, but it would still require a lock smith.
So I took my new puppy out for some exercise and was thinking about the number I had planned on using and where I might have gone wrong. Sure enough I was off by one number because of the layout of the key pad not being typical of like a 10 key. So I gave it another try and got it right! Man, was that a close one!
This is exactly why I dont listen to my wife when she talks ;)

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
This is exactly why I dont listen to my wife when she talks ;)
:lol::lol::lol:

However true this is, I would never say that in front of her. Mine learned a long time ago not to interrupt me when I was focused on something and I give her the same respect. Comes with experience.

:lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: JRedHorse

·
Registered
666 Posts
MWOOD,
You remind me of the joke where the husband and wife are arguing and the guy says to his wife "How could God make you so good looking and yet so DUMB!" She says back: "He made me good looking so YOU would fall in love with ME and he made me dumb so I would fall in love with YOU!"

The two words to a happy marriage: Yes, Dear.

Reactions: tri70

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got it down now. It was the damn key pad not being in the same format as a phone key pad with 4 rows of 3 numbers/symbols. I got mixed up trying to input numbers and listen to the wife at the same time. Luckily I figured it out once I stepped away and thought about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.