Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting on the homemade biscuits to come out of the oven, I thought I would share something. I have found the best "Bugout" and/or field gear for the Mini or just for carrying things in the field. It is nothing more than a WWII BAR belt with the shoulders straps(reproduction). It really works. Those six big pouches can hold a variety of things. Also, you can hang quite a bit of stuff on it. It's great for a day in the woods hunting/plinking as well. I can carry bottled water, a snack/lunch, some ammo, first aid kit, my old scout knife, kit gun and bacon strips for my dog. All in those six pockets. One thing, I a waxed cotton treatment on it for some waterprofing. Biscuits are ready. I'm having mine with sausage, local dark cane syrup and butter.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
<--just pictured old navy pullin out his biscuits wearing nuthin but his BAR belt boxers and long socks.... say it aint so sir... tell me this isnt how ur epiphany came to light

·
Registered
145 Posts
<--just pictured old navy pullin out his biscuits wearing nuthin but his BAR belt boxers and long socks.... say it aint so sir... tell me this isnt how ur epiphany came to light
Now thats funny. I once showed up to a alert at zero dark thirty in my boots, boxers, duec gear, kevlar and M-16. I was the first one out there and my Lt rewarded me and the rest of the squad with agressor duty aginst the grunts the next day. It was great.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were spectacular. Nothing like fresh biscuits on a lazy Sunday morning. Oh, by the way, I did not wear the BAR belt getting them out of the oven, but not a bad idea. Maybe get one for just around the house. I could carry around condiments, flatware, napkins, or possibly insulate for beer cans. A bugout kit for the couch ( must keep that in mind as the next football season starts)! Got to go now, the Wife is chasing me and dogs out of the house. Guess we'll go out now and knock some brush down with the tractor or get the rod and reel try for a few brim out by the lake. I think the later as it gives me an excuse to drive into town for cricketts and get a six pack while I'm there. Also, talk to to some of the other old coots in town and tell lies. looking like a full day already.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Devil Dragon:

You may find a BAR reproduction belt at atthefrontshop.com. Prices are a bit up these days as is everything else. At The Front has lots of period canvas field gear. While they do not have BAR belts, What Price Glory has some cool stuff as well.

(P.S. I took four years of German)

·
I always been here.......
317 Posts
Thank you

(P.S I hardly know any German, but have a German friend, named Knucklepunche311 on here, you may have run into him, he is crazier than hell.... my name is of a special interest group and it is Dragon Devil, not devil dragon)

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Biscuits + gravy + eggs + bacon + grits = Heaven on earth.

On topic I dont think anyone should or would laugh at a setup that works. I personally use an old jrotc belt from the mid 1990's for both my handgun and fox magazine pouches for range/farm time. Keeps me from taking up table time and also from looking like a PX ranger at either locations. Works for me.

·
Registered
832 Posts
These threads always have a way of drifting off topic, so here it goes. I used to LOVE S.O.S. for breakfast. We were allowed to help ourselves at breakfast and I would pile my tray with hashbrowns, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast and grits and pour on the S. all over the whole mess. Pure ambrosia! I sure miss the military food.

fishslayerbob

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SOS is truly an art form. Some use ground beef and those should be banished from polite society. The dried salted beef slices are the only way to go. I will decline to mention what they were actually referred to as. However, the secret is in the the white gravy which benefits from liberal amounts milk and butter.

·
317 Posts
These threads always have a way of drifting off topic, so here it goes. I used to LOVE S.O.S. for breakfast. We were allowed to help ourselves at breakfast and I would pile my tray with hashbrowns, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast and grits and pour on the S. all over the whole mess. Pure ambrosia! I sure miss the military food.

fishslayerbob
Oh god thats one thing I don't miss. You must have been in the air force. When we got to eat at an air force chow hall it was like a 5 star restaurant for us..:rolleyes:

·
317 Posts
Never ate any navy food, or been around them for that matter. Their was an old dude were I use to work that use to be in the navy. He is cool as ****, he retired and works part time at lowes now. I go in once in awhile to shoot the **** with him and pick up my paint cans (aka ammo cans)

·
ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
adding thread sorry

·
ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
How about the refried bean burrito in the mre's what was it number 14 or 15 or something ? lmao

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry, I'm from the C-Ration generation. I did try a couple of MRE's during Katrina. Did not care for them too much. Thank God I had plenty of fruit cocktail, peanut butter, crackers and other stuff I stockpiled.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.