Perfect Union banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new Tapco Intrafuse stock, new vert grip and a new NcStar Reflex sight that I'll never use. Along with a Choate folder, that I have had for years that has never used. In addition to the stocks, I have a few extra spare Mini-14 parts that are new.

Been toying with the idea of putting them on eBay but, hesitant to do so. I'd feel like I would be feeding the frenzy that has been taking place over the last few weeks, which is hurting everyone.

ugh...I hate having morals sometimes.

Take advantage of the situation or just hang on to them, for a later day?:unsure:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Post 'em up here at PU for a reasonable price -- someone will snag 'em up.

If you feel you must e[vil]Bay your parts, put 'em up with a 'But It Now' price that's something reasonable (and I mean pre-AWB-pocalypse reasonable...).

IMO, you're not "feeding the frenzy" if you're not asking ridiculous prices for stuff. And you'll still be able to sleep at night, knowing you haven't screwed a fellow enthusiast. ;)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
If you list them with a starting price of 99 cents with no reserve and end up getting 3 times what it is worth, you have screwed no one. They did it to themselves. Of course you are taking a chance on losing money that way too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
+1

Put 'em up here for a reasonable price and they will go to a good home.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well have a reserve, MSRP or something, and let the auction go from there. As mentioned above, as long as it's not an OBVIOUS price gouge than it should be "morally" acceptable.

My .02¢

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
I say to hell with it.. Put it on ebay and get rich!! How is it any different than me selling my Walking Dead #1 comic for top dollar at the spike of interest? Its not like ur inflating your regular price to create panic like CTD.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Absolutely. Let them bid on it. Not like you are using coercion to get money.
Never feel bad about someone using their free will with their money.

The progressive movement have programmed us to deny supply and demand, and fill our heads with idiotic words like "price gouging".

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had the Choate stock listed here on PU for a while. no bites. Think I'll give eBay a try, see how it works out. I'm sure I'll at least get what I have paid for the items out. Maybe a little more. Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated!

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
I say buy low and sell high...

if someone is dumb enough to pay inflated prices during this "panic period" then he's a fool. if everyone sat back an let things develop a little instead of panic buying, prices would have remained stable.

if someone is willing to pay for it and "shows their cards" so to speak... why not turn a healthy profit? it's not like you are forcing anyone to buy it.

it not any different than trading in precious metals or commodities

My dad once told me (on spending money on goods or services)
"Son, never,ever let on how much you want something to the guy who is selling it... and always be ready to walk away if you can't get it for the price YOU want to pay for it."

He also told me (on selling goods and services)
Son, never take less for your work or your things than YOU want for it.
ie: if the magazine you don't need anymore you bought for 20 bucks ten years ago is going for 80... and YOU want 80 bucks for it then get 80 bucks for it, they can always walk away. if they offer you 40... and you are Ok with that... then take 40 for it.

everything is negotiable - I may price an item for top dollar, and if you are dumb enough to pay top dollar I'll take it... but any reasonable offer will be entertained :) worst I can do is say "no"

his sage advice got me to where I am today.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I say take advantage of the idiots caught up in this short term buying frenzy. I would wager a guess that most multiple-gun owning folks here are all waiting for this to blow over.

Personally, I have a problem buying something 3x its worth. The locals gun shows have been ridiculous and I can't believe the public buying panic. They are going to feel like idiots when their standard run of the mill M4 style AR15 goes from $3500 back to $1100.

Wil

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
This is a great read: Price Gouging Saves Lives in a Hurricane - David M. Brown - Mises Daily
Great site to learn economics where the government indoctrination camps have failed.

Think of it this way. I have an ATI stock for my mini. I would buy another if I seen it for 40-50 used. If the price was inflated to 100+ used, no way I'd buy it. BUT if I didn't have a tactical stock, I just might because of possible assault ban.. It has happened before. An inflated price help to insure those that need most, and stops the hoarding by those who already have effective amounts.

Think of ammo.. Inflated prices is what's going to help cover overtime pay of the employees to make more to meet the demand.

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Dont under estimate fear. Some of us "fools" couldnt buy until now (Christmas check from inheritance) and are stuck paying terrible prices. I was lucky in that I found a good mini 30 for less then what ruger is asking and basspro forgot about the 870 I bought and it was $200 under what remington advertised. I did however get "gouged" by cheaper then dirt on 500 brown bears, but when all else is dried up and lets face it who wants a gun without ammo, you pay the price. Sadly my luck coincided with my bad luck (if you can call getting a check for the death of a loved one luck....) and thus here I am paying through the nose for ammo.

Not everything is so cut and dry. If I already had the guns, parts and ammo then obviously I would have waited but I didnt and it was now or never (nothing to do with AWB and everything to do with the wife) as if I didnt get them the wife would have appropriated the funds to the house I hate.

As for on topic:

There is no immorality in creating a bid and getting more then what you want because of demand. Also pricing pre AWB-apocalypse wont make you a saint. Id say if you want to set a bid set the reserve at the pre ban reasonable price and see where it goes from there. Like someone else stated its their free will and their money.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Price is a function of supply and demand. Putting it up for sale is only increasing the supply which can only help to bring prices down. It's not the sellers driving prices up, it's the buyers. So go for it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
What is wrong with ebay? I sell stuff on there all the time. When I get a good price for something I usually think Damn. I wish I had 10 more of those. LOL sometimes I do.
Its a free market you are not taking advantage of anyone. But low sell high. If it makes you feel bad making money. You can to donate it to me. I am a good charitable cause. Will even send a nice thankyou email that will make you feel good.
With the bad reputation Choate has been getting lately you might have to give the folder away.:D

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had one given to me, sold it on ebay years ago - for $85, the had the one that came with my mini, (put the factory wood back on) sold for $68 - but that was 4+ years ago.
I figure offer it up here for a couple days, if it doesnt sell put it on ebay! Becareful on your wording or they might pull it and you'll have to relist it again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.