Perfect Union banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think I got to have a BC! Looks good. Anyone that knows, I also need a front fore liner and stock reinforcement for the BC folder, correct?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great idea grumpy! I need to move my sling mounted underneath the forearm to the side like that cause of the new foregrip/light combo i bought.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks like one sweet set up grumpy!. What kind of rings did you use?. I ask because I tried the same exact thing about a year and a half ago on my Tapco stock, but I used very sick, key rings, they lasted for about a month they seem strong at first, but then they started uncoiling coming apart. I'm not criticizing you at all. I just hope you got some kind of different rings and wanted to give you a heads up!.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Dawgstar;

To kill the rattle, I may switch out to a Chinese pattern AK sling with its leather end pieces.

All the best,
Grumpy
I definitely agree with the Chinese platform a case laying with the letter ends. You might even try a old cetme, or HK G3, HK 91, I can recommend a good place to pick all of them up pretty cheap all have to look for the link, but I own a HK G3 and cetme I just got through doing a bunch of custom work on them, upgrades, if you will!. But I also thought I had very, very heavy duty key rings. I searched high and low, and paid about three dollars a piece for and they look identical to what you have a single nice and sturdy, an almost perfect first, but after some pulling of weight about a month one of them started to stretch apart!. So keep checking it often. It starts to come apart right at this beginning of the separations or openings to slip your key through. I hope it works!.;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I took a piece .250 SS bar stock, drilled both ends to fit the swivel, machined a flat on one side and TIG welded it to the gas block. I also TIGed up the original hole on the bottom.
I drilled the rod from both ends just deep enough to accept the swivel, if you just drilled the rod all the way through the swivel would rattle, unless you put a short section of roll pin in the middle to center the swivel.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just make up the swivel piece ready to be welded and ship em out cheap in the US mail. How much you gotta have?

·
Registered
89 Posts
That would depend on how many pieces we're talking about. Too much set up involved to make just 1 or 2 and still keep the price reasonable.
I'm not sure it would be feasible. I would think that most folks with access to a TIG welder would also have the equipment/ability to make the piece.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts