Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dave3006, I don't believe PMI (Precision) ever made 10 round magaines for the Mini-14. I've heard only 20, 30 and 40 round magazines.

You ordered one of the 10 round "PMIs" from harborside, didn't you? PLEASE tell us how it works. I will probably order a few depending on your report.......but don't feel under any pressure to go shooting. :rolleyes:

I have not heard good things about the plastic Eagle magazines either. Actually, a friend of mine with an FFL and several other dealers I know tell me to purchase -ONLY- Precision magazines made by the "real" PMI. :D But, I'd like to get a few 10 rounders, so I will probably go with the ProMag/PMI based on your report....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will let everyone know about the "PMI" 10 rounders. I am 99% sure they are ProMags. He will ship to me this Friday. So, I won't be able to test for a week or so.

I still laugh. It should not be that hard. Making a mag that works...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks, Dave. I tried to order two of his "PMI" mags for my Mini-14, but couldn't complete the order form. Probable server problem?

Anyway, his guarantee looks genuine enough, so I'd decided to order the two even before I heard from you. I agree, the mags are most likely ProMag, which have a decent warranty.

Let us know how your mags work out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dave3006, I notified harborship.com about the problem I had ordering, and asked about those magazines. Here's what he said:

"These magazines are made by ProMagIndustries. I think Precision became
promag. These are the only 10rd magazines available for the mini 14 that
work well. If you compare these to a factory ruger 5rd they are nearly
identical except for being slightly larger to accomidate 10rds."

Sounds good to me and I will probably order.....when and if I can......web page is still down! :confused:

PS - Wouldn't it be great if Mec-Gar decided to make Mini 14 magazines! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently bought a magazine from Cheaper Than Dirt for my Mini-14. The magazine was listed as Triple K/ProMag. This magazine is different than my PMI magazines. So I do not believe that the PMI and Promag are the same. The good news is that both the PMI and the Triple K/Promag magazines have worked well. I have had no jams from either.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe that Promag and Triple K are two different companies. Do the mags you got from CTD not list the manufacturer? I have heard okay stuff about Promag Mini mags, but less than good about Triple K. I am new to this however, and it seems that some people have lots of problems with different magazines, and some can use any kind.

I'm chicken enough that I try to get the ones that have been bad mouthed the least! :D

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear your magazines are working great for you. The price was pretty decent at CTD I saw.
What ammo have you been using? Any good buys out there?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Howdy Guys this is Mark from www.fourfourmag.com (the site listed above) the mags are promag industries and identical to factory ruger mags. I back them with a lifetime warranty. If you are having problems with the order form please email me at [email protected] and we can figure it out or you can pay through check or money order. Feel free to email me with any questions.:2guns:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts