Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after watching GunDoc and Terry G trigger videos multiple times, i went ahead and done mine. I have to go get some new dikes, mine are dull as crap and i want to trim the spring 1 coil.
One thing to say on my part, Stupidity is no excuse!!! I'll just let it out, i broke the trigger return spring!!!!!!!! It has two tabs that hold it tensioned, and i broke one side off while over torquing it with the wrong pliers.

But i think it may be alright for a while.

Anyways, enough about my stupidity. Im at 3.75 right now on my pull weight, stock was 6#. Terry G didnt show to have ground or filed the sear notch, and GunDoc did, so i decided to hit it with a file just a tad along with the disconnector stop. Now i dont think i did much filing the thing because its so hard, and i noticed i need to file some more on the sear notch because its not plum with the sear.

I love it so far, i just want to reduce the pull length more and get down to 3# pull weight.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i reduced the pull length more and closed the gap on the secondary sear. The gap is probably 3/8 of what factory is and the primary sear pull length is roughly 3/8-1/2 what factory was. Right now i am sitting at 2.5lb pull in the gun. But im going to replace the trigger return spring and that should bump it back up a tad, so we'll see what that does when i get it in. I also had cut 1 coil off the secondary sear spring.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Sounds like you have done good, just as long as you can bump it and no accidental firing. Always be extra careful when shooting after a major mod like a trigger job, no matter who has done it. ;). Gundoc did my trigger and it's very nice!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great let us know how it shoots. Any time I have worked on a semi-auto trigger I just load two rounds when at the shooting range, just to be safe.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea my first mag was loaded with 2 rds and it worked great. Then i put in a 20 rd mag and went to work on a tallow tree, it worked flawless!!! Next i put in a 30 rd mag and proceeded to bump fire it, man was i impressed!!!! I shot 20 rds before i could get my finger off the trigger. Its awesome at what just a trigger mod can do for a gun. Oh and i found my rear iron sight was extremely loose almost to fall off...

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Yea my first mag was loaded with 2 rds and it worked great. Then i put in a 20 rd mag and went to work on a tallow tree, it worked flawless!!! Next i put in a 30 rd mag and proceeded to bump fire it, man was i impressed!!!! I shot 20 rds before i could get my finger off the trigger. Its awesome at what just a trigger mod can do for a gun. Oh and i found my rear iron sight was extremely loose almost to fall off...
Nice! :ar15:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts