Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a pre ban Colt Sporter Match HBAR, 100% condition, low serial number (0003XXX). Gave $1000.00 for it, did I pay too much or was that about right?

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Seems like you paid market value, but I am curious why you think it`s preban???

What is the letter prefix before the serial number. Regards LTS

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LTS

This is a preban colt, no sear block in the lower, birdcage flash suppressor and MH prefix on the serial number. If I am wrong please feel free to show me why. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
139 Posts
My reasoning is tufold, first....without the letter prefix, how could anyone make the "preban" claim. Without the prefix, who would know???? No one.

Second: Stated it appeared to be an early "SP1" lower, "No Fence railing" If that was the case......then it was a parts gun, "upgrade" would be the nice would for "parts gun"

I would like to see a close up of both sides of the receiver before I make any further comment, because without that....any further guess would simply be one. Maybe you would be so kind as to take a few close ups of both sides of the receiver and show the serial number, less the last four digits, and just above the trigger guard.....of course. That will be the telling tale. Regards LTS

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
This is definitely a federal preban.

You can call Colt and they will verify it.

I have a Colt, verified, grandfathered preban, and it has a higher serial number.

Colt wasn't selling bare receivers in the MH series at that time.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thank you, I was a little concerned about the serial number....as seven (7) digits would have been postban. "0003xxx", glad to see it only has two (2) "00`s", instead of three. Best LTS

"I picked up a pre ban Colt Sporter Match HBAR, 100% condition, low serial number (0003XXX). Gave $1000.00 for it, did I pay too much or was that about right?"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts