Perfect Union banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one heard anything about the delta force muzzle break or maybe have it on there gun. How good is it?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Which one? I looked, and there are 5 kinds offered for Mini-14.

I just bought one from cheaper than dirt, but haven't tried it yet.

Its the RGR-050 (stainless steel) or RGR-040 (Blue)
RGR-050 The picture they have here is wrong, I think.

RGR-040 This picture is correct.

·
Registered
175 Posts
if you havent used a muzzle break, then by all means do it, they work. i put one on my mini and groups shrank in half, my brother put one of the ones in the link above, (the rg 040) on his ranch rifle, his groups improved even better than mine, after scoping his ranch rifle, and adding the double-muzzle break he is now getting one-hole groups at 50 yards, the rg 040 looks good on the rifle, and it seems to be well made, probably be the best 20 bucks you will ever spend on a rifle...gut

·
Registered
175 Posts
:sniper: guido i forgot to mention, the one i put on my mini was the flash supressor from delta-force, it was made by choate, it is a well made supressor, but it didnt get my groups as tight as the muzzle break did for my brother, i wished i'd bought the black warrior double break instead of the delta force suppressor now, besides, i paid 45 bucks for mine, he paid 20. good shootin...gut

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thanks for the info, gut. Now I can't wait to get out to the range and try this double muzzle break out (RGR-050), since my personal cannon is stainless.

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
As a heads up for everyone, the consensus is that muzzle brakes (not BREAKS) help Mini-14 accuracy due to the basic problems with a Mini-14 barrel.

Mini- barrels are THIN, and not very true. Adding any weight to the front end is almost always going to help, similar to the BOSS system by Browning.

A muzzle brake in and of itself will NOT help accuracy in general. In fact, on a perfectly good target rifle, adding ANYTHING past the crown is going to diminish accuracy.

It's just that the Mini-14 barrel is whipping and ringing so bad in the first place, adding any weight to the barrel end is likely to do more good than bad!

:2guns:

·
Registered
716 Posts
True, true. I always had a feeling it was "Brake", not "Break".

"Break" wouldn't make sense would it?

Anyway, I'll let you know what I experience, gut.

·
Registered
716 Posts
:D

That said, let me clarify. Oh am I ever happy! Before the addition of the double muzzle BRAKE, I was shooting 4+ inch groups at 100 yards.

Now... 1.5" groups! You might say BS, but they were. Now, I can't gaurantee it will happen with your Mini, but for the $19.97, its well worth the 'gamble'.

I am so pumped, I just might have to buy a better scope now.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:sniper:

·
Registered
175 Posts
satan, thats impressive, adding that extra weight really does make a difference, i know it did for me too, now im thinkin i might toss my wooden stock and see if a hogue synthetic stock will make any difference, i've seen a few posts where some folks think the synthetic stocks improve the mini-14 accuracy a bit too...hmmmmmm so many decisions...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Simple, simple install.

1. Knock out the rolled pin in the sight now (I just used a nail and hammer)

2. Slide the brake over the sight blade.

3. Gently pound in the new, longer rolled pin (I used a screwdriver flat side, and hammer).

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey there, first post (and ?) i was going to order the double muzzle brake from cheaperthandirt but noticed the note say's will not fit rifles with serial #'s above 195. mine is 196 :mad: has anyone tried this brake on there 196. thanks, and great site by the way!

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey minij, sorry I almost missed your post. I have a SS 196 mini, and I bought the Black Warrior from cheaper than dirt. It fit mine perfect. A couple of the guys had to put a piece of thin brass shim in to tighten it up. (don't know what model theirs was). Before you install it, shoot some groups, and compare after installing the brake to see how much it improves. You will be :)
Welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts