Perfect Union banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I keep a couple magazines loaded with Winchester 223 Remington 64 gr. Power Core 95/5 #X223RF. They are powerful, accurate and hold together pretty well while still expanding. I like them because they will penetrate concealment and light cover without blowing up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Or!

Whatever is in the rifle when the emergency comes up.
Hell, walk in front of a .22LR at 10 to 20 feet and get a hands on lesson in terminal ballistics.:lol:
Personally I keep 62 gr. Rem. Soft points in mine.
I have not a clue as to the ballistic profile, but crap fly's all to pieces when I hit it.
Richard

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
My AR is loaded with 50gr. varmiter tipped and my Mini-14 is loaded with 75gr. 5.56 superformance Hornady. Dont really know if its the best but thats what Im shootin if I have to.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Man:
You need another firearm if your talking "home defense". I cannot believe at point blank range the drywall will stop a round and that can still be effective at the same point blank range on soft tissue. Now if you're at my front gate, I'll grab a rifle, but not in the house. I'll let my dogs take you down..lol.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I keep a couple magazines loaded with Winchester 223 Remington 64 gr. Power Core 95/5 #X223RF. They are powerful, accurate and hold together pretty well while still expanding. I like them because they will penetrate concealment and light cover without blowing up.
I don't want to hit anyone living next to me if I can avoid it, I would think with the stucko walls a lot of homes are constructed with these days 223 ammo would take out a neighbor or two if you have to use it. Course if you don't like those neighbors:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.