Perfect Union banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one of these fine rifles? I've had one for 4 years now and this thing is awesome. Reliable and accurate, what else could you want? The only complaints I've had have already been fixed. The selector from 180 degree to 90 degree and thumbhole to ace stock and pistol grip. Who's got one?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a DR200 with an Ace folder and a M16 flash supressor.Put a Bushnell Trophy red dot scope on it,hits anything I point at.Where did you get the 90 degree selector?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made it. I also made another for use as a prototype and got a quote for manufacture. Quite a bit more than I thought but if I can get about 100 of them accounted for, I'll do it. It'll take that many to get the price where it should be,plus I'll get to break even. I'll try and post a pic shortly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased one of the DR200s back in 1996 or 97 when Kimber was bringing them in. I remember handpainting mine in camo, but otherwise left it alone. It was an accurate and fun little rifle. I've noticed that they are in some demand these days for those seeking an a rifle that uses AR mags but yet has a different gas system.

·
Moderator and Super Member
7,547 Posts
Cheap ad in the back of AmRifleman etc should take care of what you can't sell on the forums. Worthy project. Wish I'd gotten one before all the thumbhole nonsense.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
H20 Man:

WOW. If this source is quality, you may have influenced my future purchases. A few years back I started reading about Daewoo's and was extremely impressed, though skeptical of two things.

First, that people tend to value things for their rarity over their quality (like I've heard about Cuban cigars).

Second, the unavailability of any replacement parts, Daewoo having written off the US market so long ago, and apparently forever.

I solved the first issue from knowing a S. Korean pilot (my wife tutored his kids in English while he was here working on a Korean version of an American fighter jet). I round-about asked him about the rifle, and he confirmed my very positive impression. I did not (but wish I had) ask him about the S. Korean experience after WWII of the US supplying only M1 Carbines . . . which had disastrous results when the N. Koreans invaded with main battle rifles. I suspect that's why they now make their own.

Your link may resolve my second issue. While my wallet may eventually blame you :), I thank you.

- Joe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've got a DR200 spotted and seriously thinking about picking it up. I know the ACE stocks are available, but I'd kind of like to put it back to as close to it's original glory as I can get. Anybody ever see the K2 buttstocks offered anywhere?

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
252 Posts
I read the title of this thread and got a sick feeling in my stomach. I bought a Max II (DR200 with a folding stock) in 1987 and shot it off and on until I blew it up in 2001! It was a factory load and either it was hot or the bullet got pushed in but any how it blew the magazine out and froze the action. I paid $300 for it new in 87 and sold it for parts in 2001 for $550. It was smooth and accurate and I would still have it if hadn't blown up. It had an adjustable gas system kind of like a FN FAL. The best description I have heard was that it was a cross between a M-16 a FN FAL and an AK. It had the best factory folding stock I have ever seen but it was a heavy rifle for a .223. Wish I still had it.

·
M14 guy
990 Posts
H20 Man:

WOW. If this source is quality, you may have influenced my future purchases. A few years back I started reading about Daewoo's and was extremely impressed, though skeptical of two things.

First, that people tend to value things for their rarity over their quality (like I've heard about Cuban cigars).

Second, the unavailability of any replacement parts, Daewoo having written off the US market so long ago, and apparently forever.

I solved the first issue from knowing a S. Korean pilot (my wife tutored his kids in English while he was here working on a Korean version of an American fighter jet). I round-about asked him about the rifle, and he confirmed my very positive impression. I did not (but wish I had) ask him about the S. Korean experience after WWII of the US supplying only M1 Carbines . . . which had disastrous results when the N. Koreans invaded with main battle rifles. I suspect that's why they now make their own.

Your link may resolve my second issue. While my wallet may eventually blame you :), I thank you.

- Joe.
Joe,

did you ever get yourself a woo?

I just purchased a pre-ban K2 and it should be in my hands within a week or so.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello all, RON L here

While I never owned one myself, as a dealer I sold a DR200, I believe it was, thumbhle stock, but I did helf it a Bit, play with it in the gun show but of course never fired it! It seemed to be a solid reliable rifle that suffered from not enough advertizing as the guy that bought it loves it and the guy that I sold it for wishes that he never did sell it? Course I've not sold a gun anytime that I owned that I didn't later regret?

I say, if you can fine one Pre-ban or post ban grab is as AR mags are cheap now and 223 ammo is still available if you look around for qty! All the advantages of an AR without the problematic gas system?

RON

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Joe,

did you ever get yourself a woo?

I just purchased a pre-ban K2 and it should be in my hands within a week or so.
No, though I prefer to say not yet.:unsure::)

When gas prices spiked and stocks tanked, I stopped buying much more than ammo to replace what I shot. Now that my former 401k is getting closer back to 200.5k, from 100.25k:(, I'm slowly getting back into the market, though.

Congrats on finding yours.:beer: Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody have one of these fine rifles? I've had one for 4 years now and this thing is awesome. Reliable and accurate, what else could you want? The only complaints I've had have already been fixed. The selector from 180 degree to 90 degree and thumbhole to ace stock and pistol grip. Who's got one?
i got a dr-200 5.56 dawoo it is my #1 gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a DR200 spotted and seriously thinking about picking it up. I know the ACE stocks are available, but I'd kind of like to put it back to as close to it's original glory as I can get. Anybody ever see the K2 buttstocks offered anywhere?

Thanks,
Rick
Get it now!!!!!!!You won't be disapointed.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
goodness, this thread is still alive!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts