Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about having gundoc cut down my stock 197 ranch to 16 inches. After the cut is where my indecision rears its ugly head. Any reason to NOT go with the 11 degree target crown?

I'm not all that crazy about the front sight. Before I put it back on, should I look at something different? Any reason to thread the muzzle if I think I'm going to go with a Mo Reaper? It's like going to Walmart to buy breakfast cereal. There's too many choices, and I just freeze up.

I'm looking for some options - what would you guys do, or what have you done? Any suggestions?

· Registered
1,117 Posts
I think the mo reaper also comes threaded. I personally would have it threaded so all options would be available

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, King. I just checked out the Mo Reaper website. According to their FAQ, it is NOT threaded. That's not necessarily a deal breaker for me, given how much everybody seems to like it.

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Joe - there's not a compelling reason for the 11 degree crown on a 16 inch Mini. In fact, I discourage it in some applications because it creates a difficult recess to clean depending on the muzzle part attached. If you want a brake and a new sight then the Mo-Reaper is probably the way to go. If you decide to use a threaded part later on I can always thread the barrel down the road and modify the Mo-Reaper to the original Reaper part that will keep the nicer front sight for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.