Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have 1/2x28 threads on my 5/8 stainless barrel Mini 30 with a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter connecting a 1" diameter muzzle brake which has 5/8x24 threads. The setup works great, but the step down from brake to adapter to barrel doesnt look that great. What I would like to do is have an adapter made from 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 with a 1" round diameter with atleast an inch of meat to have a gradual slope milled between the barrel and brake. Does anyone know a manufacturer who would be capable of making this or do I need to make up a diagram to be understood?

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
ASI might be able to do this but it may be high price.

·
Registered
663 Posts
PM or e-mail gundoc. He can probably do it for you, I dont see an adaptor being that expensive.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
An adapter could be made as such, but I have to ask - why not cut the threads off and re-thread the barrel 5/8x24 and not bother with an adapter? Just curious.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can get a Smith Enterprises Good Iron muzzle brake that is threaded 1/2x28 that will work for up to 30 cal and eliminate the adapter all together! I might have one. PM me for info

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im doing just what gundoc said and having my barrel chopped to 16.1 and threaded 5/8x24. My gunsmith said he's 3 to 4 weeks out so I'm thinkin I'll try to send my trigger to Great West. Thanks everyone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts