Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into purchasing a custom build Ar and was wondering if anyone was familiar with any of the components used.

Here's what he has
custom build. I used rguns Matte Sand upper and lower with FN chrome lined cold hammer forged magnetic particle tested M4 barrel 1/7 twist. Adams Arms carbine piston kit with BCG and bolt. Gunfighter mod 4 charging handle. BCM a2x flash hider. ALG Defense QMS trigger. Extended bolt release. Seekins Precision mag release button. Stark grip, magpul MOE carbine hand guard, and A2 stock. I'm asking $1450 for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm a bit confused? your asking $1450 for it? Sounds like your selling it?
Use the classified section!

as for the parts you say you want to use to build; I'm not fond of the barrel, I don't like chrome lined and the 1/7 twist, I'd go with a 1/9 non chrome lined. everything else sounds fine.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
All good parts but it is priced way too high in my opinion. Two months ago it probably cost him about $700 to build (or less) and there is very little labor involved in building an AR. At today's crazy prices I would offer $1100 tops. The thing about the AR is anyone can build one and call it "custom built" but unless you are a well known builder and have name recognition it is really just another Frankenrifle.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Sounds like a nice AR but it's priced at the panic market price. The 1:7 twist doesn't do anything for me, however the FN barrel isn't all that easy to come up with and it is a Mil Spec. barrel.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was a little unclear with my original post. The information I gave on it was copy and pasted from his listing. He contacted me and offered a straight trade for my honda ruckus moped which is worth about 1000-1200 bucks. Sounds like it is a decent deal then.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I was a little unclear with my original post. The information I gave on it was copy and pasted from his listing. He contacted me and offered a straight trade for my honda ruckus moped which is worth about 1000-1200 bucks. Sounds like it is a decent deal then.
That sounds much better. The FN is a very good barrel, the 1:7 twist is nice if you want to shoot heavier projectiles like 75gr. The only problem is some but not all chrome lined barrels give up a little accuracy for much longer barrel life. That and ease of cleaning are the main reason the military went to chrome lined barrels. To the military Minute of Man is all the accuracy needed, they aren't out there to punch tiny groups in paper targets. If you intend it to be a self defense weapon, chrome lined is gtg.

·
Registered
93 Posts
FN makes good stuff, and the barrel could outlast you if you treat it right. I had a M16a4 for awhile in Afghanistan and that thing probably had 40000 plus rounds though it, worked like a charm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.