Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Anybody paying those prices is either desperate or has way to much disposable income. CTD is price gouging big time. Crappy PMC X-Tac LAP $29.19 for 20 rounds! Last time I bought some locally just a month ago it cost me 8.99 a box and the shop had raised their price a buck a box.

I will never give CTD another dime of my money. Same for a couple local gun shops and quite a few pawn shops. One of the pawn shops in Carson City is buying Federal 550 round boxes of .22LR at Wal Mart and selling it for 80 bucks a box. I know there is a shortage right now and expect to pay a bit more but its getting ridiculous. I won't forget who was gouging.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody paying those prices is either desperate or has way to much disposable income. CTD is price gouging big time. Crappy PMC X-Tac LAP $29.19 for 20 rounds! Last time I bought some locally just a month ago it cost me 8.99 a box and the shop had raised their price a buck a box.

I will never give CTD another dime of my money. Same for a couple local gun shops and quite a few pawn shops. One of the pawn shops in Carson City is buying Federal 550 round boxes of .22LR at Wal Mart and selling it for 80 bucks a box. I know there is a shortage right now and expect to pay a bit more but its getting ridiculous. I won't forget who was gouging.
Rather subjective on the gouging claim. I was thinking that initially but the supply has simply vanished into peoples bunkers I guess. So CTD is the only place I have found with ANY ammo let alone 300 rds. I commend them for scrounging these up actually. I don't need ammo right now but if you do, this may help.

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Rather subjective on the gouging claim. I was thinking that initially but the supply has simply vanished into peoples bunkers I guess. So CTD is the only place I have found with ANY ammo let alone 300 rds. I commend them for scrounging these up actually. I don't need ammo right now but if you do, this may help.
Then you aren't looking hard enough. I've bought around 500 rounds from Gunbroker.com this year alone, and I REFUSE to pay more than .50 cents per round. You can find ammo for sale by the 1000s there, and still pay around .50 cents a round for it.

Just make an account there, search for .223 ammo, then click the BuyNow section to see ammo and their fixed prices.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I noticed the PMC X-Tac price of over $29 on CTD and could NOT believe it. Bought several boxes of it of $6.99 back in the Fall (yes, before the SHTF, but still!) and would never pay over $20 for it. I, too, will never do business with CTD again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.