Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a deep cyro of a factory 14 barrel do anything to cut down on the dissonant harmonics?

I can have it done for about twice the price of a good muzzle brake.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have always wanted to try this method for accuracy improvement so I will send these people one of my Glock handgun barrels and see what happens.

·
Registered
207 Posts
your comments:
accuracy improvement so I will send these people one of my Glock handgun barrels and see what happens.

Question: why do you use a Glock, when there are hands out there that have a lighter trigger,? is not 5.5 lb to much? & the 12.5mm distance in trigger travel.

Question 2: how can you be accurate with a trigger like this, I never take the glock to the range.

The glock is accurate, but the trigger fails it.

Just my thinking

:2guns:

·
Registered
59 Posts
All my Glocks have the 3.5 Comp trigger pkg in them. In my G19 I also use a LSI Ti striker. Don't know really if it helps much. I usually go with Bar Sto or KKM barrels but of late I have been staying with the stock barrels. I would like to try and see what the max I could get from stock.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My thinking up to know, is that the Glock can not be modified ( with the trigger )

I was told this by one of our members, at the pistol club.

your comments:
All my Glocks have the 3.5 Comp trigger pkg in them. In my G19 I also use a LSI Ti striker.

question 1: 3.5 Comp trigger, does this mean that you have 3.5 pounds trigger pull?

Question 2: what would be the trigger travel, is it just as much as 12.5mm?

Question 3: I can not see these triggers on the main Glock website? so I guess that you can not buy them from this company?.

Question 4: The trigger, are they hard to install, or do we need a gun smith?

Question 5: you mention that all your Glocks have this trigger, why is this, was it standard when you purchased it?

Question 6: how much are we looking at, in cost?

Question 7: whats LSI Ti striker?, is it the hammer or maybe the firing pin? what does this improve, with the glock?

thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can replace your 5.5lb connector with a 3.5lb connector. Part is about $10. and is very easy to do. I replaced my entire trigger assemblies with a competition trigger assembly from Glockmeister.com ($62.) . Also very easy to do yourself by just removing 3 pins and dropping it in. Takes less than 10min. Many also improve triggers by polishing connector and trigger bar. This however does not shorten length of pull. There are complete aftermarket trigger assemblies made to do this. Lightning Strike Products Inc makes one. The striker is used instead of a firing pin in the Glock. You can buy an aftermarket titanium striker which is supposed to reduce lock time and increase accuracy. Do a search on triggers at glocktalk.com and you will find much info. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
685 Posts
the cryo is used to make the steel molicules straight and to stress releave the steel. for the money there are cheaper ways to cut those goups down to decent size but it dose make the steel harder.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd probably cryo the entire gun, springs and all. It seems to improve durability, from what I've read.:sniper:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts