Perfect Union banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone attending? I'm thinking about it just to see how crazy it gets. I know I'll have to get there really early to get in before all the ammo and mags are gone.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I don't know how y'all's gun shows are, but we have to pay an admission fee. Last time I went (probably August of '10...) they were charging $16 to get in the door.

Then you get inside only to find new guns at MSRP+10%, nice used guns at new MSRP, and junk guns at collector prices. That's not to mention the jewelry, toys, purses, cheap Chinese-made (if you're lucky) gunleather, and overpriced ammo and mags.

Sorry, just had to vent about how God-awful our gun shows have become... :lol:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
airsoft, bb guns, cowboy fashion stuff, beef jerky, trail mix.... :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't know how y'all's gun shows are, but we have to pay an admission fee. Last time I went (probably August of '10...) they were charging $16 to get in the door.

Then you get inside only to find new guns at MSRP+10%, nice used guns at new MSRP, and junk guns at collector prices. That's not to mention the jewelry, toys, purses, cheap Chinese-made (if you're lucky) gunleather, and overpriced ammo and mags.

+1. The only deal I have ever found at a gun show has been on beef jerky. And this was before all this mess, I cant imagine the prices they are gonna have nowadays.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are probably right, I should just sleep in. I kind of want to see what's going on though. There'll probably be protesters to heckle.......

·
Registered
663 Posts
Did you end up going? If so, was it insane as insane as everyone imagines?

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is only about a mile away from me and I skip it 3 or 4 times every year if that tells you anything.
That's funny. We must be neighbors. Live in Eastside CM. Anyways, I loaded up my 9 year old som to take him at about 8:15; show opened at 9am. Knew it would be crowded but wen I got to the streets just outside the main parking area I looked at my boy and said, nope! I have been to the show 4-5 times in the past and could tell how far back the cars were parked in the parking lot that it was extremely packed before the gates even opened.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
This is only about a mile away from me and I skip it 3 or 4 times every year if that tells you anything.
You guys are probably right, I should just sleep in. I kind of want to see what's going on though. There'll probably be protesters to heckle.......
You can always charge $10/car to park at your house, then go look for ammo online!;)

·
Libertarian
295 Posts

Same goes for here. Pre panic ammo from some vendors was alright and I did get a good thigh holster for my pistol at one. When you have vendors like Georgia arms you know youll at least see some decent prices on good stuff. As for the remaining 90% its "army surplus" and knives made in china. Although youll find a mint mossen nagant for $100 like my brother did this fall.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's funny. We must be neighbors. Live in Eastside CM. Anyways, I loaded up my 9 year old som to take him at about 8:15; show opened at 9am. Knew it would be crowded but wen I got to the streets just outside the main parking area I looked at my boy and said, nope! I have been to the show 4-5 times in the past and could tell how far back the cars were parked in the parking lot that it was extremely packed before the gates even opened.
I'm on the westside, 19th and Monrovia basically.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts