Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who uses the corrosion x for firearms?, Ive been using it for years and cant find anything bad to say about it....it works great for both a preventive to rust and rust remover if you get rust in any tight spots...its also approved for use on electronics for moisture proofing...and of course any fishing gear...

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
545 Posts
My business associate had given me some Mercury marine grease. It lived up to all professed claims.

Later on ... 10 + years, I switched to “Sheath“ & the same , but renamed “ Barricade”. Both by Birchwood Casey.
Real good stuff too ... no problemo.

Reactions: Sparkie

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use marine grease.

... so I don't get rust.

GR
I knew them marines are tough, and now they have their own grease....LOL..just messing with you.....but if the grease is stiff, how do you get it into all the tight spots that it needs to flow in like a liquid?

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I use a variety of different stuff , I like corrosion x , I use it as a light wipe down as a humidity inhibitor for storage , and have used it as a gp gun lube . I love Kroil , just for the smell , but I'm weird .

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use a variety of different stuff , I like corrosion x , I use it as a light wipe down as a humidity inhibitor for storage , and have used it as a gp gun lube . I love Kroil , just for the smell , but I'm weird .
G-96 gun lube, do you remember that and the very distinctive smell it had..it wasnt a bad smell ,but most knew what it smelled like if sprayed..

·
CantRe Member
628 Posts
I use Corrosion X for a lot of things but not guns. I typically just use Rem Oil and keep my guns wiped down with a light coating I have on a flannel rag. I do live in a high humidity area. I'm right here by the gulf, a large lake, Galveston bay and surrounded by bayous.

Corrosion X is good stuff, I highly recommend it. What some don't know.....it's also an excellent lubricant!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I knew them marines are tough, and now they have their own grease....LOL..just messing with you.....but if the grease is stiff, how do you get it into all the tight spots that it needs to flow in like a liquid?
"If it slides, grease it. If it spins, oil it."

• Marine grease.
  • Automotive (Mobil One) oil.
  • CLP Break-Free.

What is this firearm rust you speak of...?

GR

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"If it slides, grease it. If it spins, oil it."

• Marine grease.
  • Automotive (Mobil One) oil.
  • CLP Break-Free.

What is this firearm rust you speak of...?

GR
sometimes you just get surface rust on the outside of the barrel if you hunted in wet woods....after switching to corrosion x, it both took the rust off and seems to leave a long lasting water proof film on the surface...and havent had any more surface rust, not that it happened very few and far between..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Corrosion X is ok but after a while it will get a bit gummy / dried out. Good for long term storage IF you have the time to fluff it up before use to break the gummy down. I did have a sticky slide on a 1911 I left in the safe for 3 or so years .I have been using EEZOX for 20 years, 5 of them stationed here on Guam (the rust capitol of the world) and I don't think I have ever run across anything better and it's a thin film when dry and not gummy at all, even after 4-5 years of storage.

Capt. Thomas

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Corrosion X is ok but after a while it will get a bit gummy / dried out. Good for long term storage IF you have the time to fluff it up before use to break the gummy down. I did have a sticky slide on a 1911 I left in the safe for 3 or so years .I have been using EEZOX for 20 years, 5 of them stationed here on Guam (the rust capitol of the world) and I don't think I have ever run across anything better and it's a thin film when dry and not gummy at all, even after 4-5 years of storage.

Capt. Thomas
I havent come across the gummy issue, usually I apply it by using a cloth to wipe the gun down and then spray the hard to get areas and then wipe again before storage....I have also used EEzox, it was a quality product too..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts