Perfect Union banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the board and very happy to have found you guys.

After 20 years of shooting pistol and shotgun, I got my Mini-30 (Series 189) out of storage and dusted it off.

I want to get it up and running again and am looking for a conventional aftermarket stock with a short length of pull. I like the Hogue and the Choate but these seem to have a longer LOP. I'm trying to avoid the added cost of having the stock shortened after purchase.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and all the best!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youth stock size would be preferable. I think something like the Hogue is too long for what I'm looking for. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hey guys, I'm back! Things look.. Civil.. So thought I'd chime in with this post.

Try the regular factory synthetic, I think it has a shorter lop than the hogue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks King, I'll definitely take a lookng at one of those. Anyone else out there make anything a little shorter, like a youth stock?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome back king!

·
Registered
663 Posts
If you have a wood stock it would be very simple to shorten the stock yourself to your desired length with a simple chop saw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice Zenman! Thanks for all the help fellas! I'm happy I found this board! Gonna need more help in the future I'm sure.

I came across a Butler Creek for a great price and Ithink it will fit the bill. If not, I'll trim a little off with Zenman's help,.

All the best to everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts