Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Contender (not a G2) in 7 TCU, 10" barrel. I'm having an intermittent problem with it. Sometimes, the hammer block safety does not drop down, preventing the gun from firing. This seems to happen mainly when the gun is cold. I disassembled the gun, and cleaned the safety, and the channels it slides in. The problem still occurs.

Any suggestions as to the cause.

BTW, I purchased this gun used, and I think that the previous owner had some trigger work done, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Thanks.

· Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like the locking lugs on the barrel might be a little thick and not allowing for the barrel to lock up completely every time. Does it seem to matter how hard or soft you close the barrel to lock it up.

A simple test is to smoke or color the top side of the locking lugs and then close and open the barrel checking to see how far they are protruding inside the frame. They should engage the frame as far as the cut out in the rear face of the locking lugs.

Do you have one piece or two piece locking lugs on that barrel? That can also make a difference in how it locks up.

Lots of things to check out. Also it would be a good idea to give T/C a call and explain the problem to them. One of their techicians should be able to help you out.

Larry

· Registered
6,105 Posts
They do warranty work on them if needed, sounds like you might need it. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.