Perfect Union banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied 5 weeks ago Snohomish County Washington state.

They said it would only take 4 weeks for the background check?

Think this is just the mass backlog due to obama attack on guns BS???

· Registered
2,273 Posts
I don't know how long the background check takes but here in this county which is shall issue it takes the sheriff 3 months to issue from the time you sign the application and get your finger prints taken till the time you get your permit.

· Registered
29 Posts
Here in Clallam County, it took 18 days from application to my permit arriving in my mail box. I thought that was pretty good turn around time. Any time it's over 28 days, you should go back to where you applied and have them run a progress check. I believe state law requires issuance with in 28 days

...................... Jack

· Banned
5,884 Posts
Here in Wyoming citizens are treated as freemen. No, paper is needed to carry concealed or open. No LEO may ask if you are armed during a traffic stop. No gun registration and loaded firearms may be carried in motor vehicles. If you desire a permit for travel outside the state it will be issued. There are now 5 Free States in America.

· Registered
109 Posts
You should not have to get government permission to exercise a constitutional right. In KS we have constitutional carry. There is a permit if you travel and need it for reciprocity agreements with other states. Many people get one for the class and training if not familiar with guns. The law says anyone over 21 who can legally own a gun can carry open or concealed with no permit. It has been in place since last July and there have been no problems that I am aware of. I am in favor of it.

· Registered
109 Posts
Yes Durango, we have a legislature which is conservative. All of the knife laws have been updated, as well. It is legal to own both a machine gun and sawed off shotgun in KS if you pay the required federal taxes. I have no use for either, but I do carry an SOG 4" blade fast open knife, along with my .45.

· Registered
210 Posts
I live in Everett, Washington and it took me about three weeks to get my license back in 2013. Got it at the downtown Everett Police Department and the initial paperwork only took 30 minutes as it was on a weekday and no waiting in line.

If there is a backlog, it is most likely because more and more people are getting their CCL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.