Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you experts ever seen or heard about a Colt Python on a Colt Mk III frame? If not, do you find it possble to install a Python barrel on a Colt MK III frame?

Any response will be appreciated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The internal parts on the Trooper MK III are different from the Python, but I believe they are the same frame size. The butt is just different enough so that grips do not interchange. Don't ask me why as I am still trying to figure out why all cars don't use the same wheels.

I have no idea if the Python barrel will fit on a Trooper. But given the price of the barrel and gunsmithing, I would just sell the Trooper and get a real Python since this seems to be what you want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently saw on gunbroker were someome tooka Smith & Wesson frame and attached a Colt Python barrel. I wasn't aware of this but the Colt Python barrel is known for its accuracy.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Originally posted by mpakosta@Jan 3 2003, 05:47 PM
I recently saw on gunbroker were someome tooka Smith & Wesson frame and attached a Colt Python barrel. I wasn't aware of this but the Colt Python barrel is known for its accuracy.
It's called a "Smolt." No, really!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a older 70's colt python 357 w/6 inch barrel and it has to be one of the slickest actions on any revolver I have ever owned.I only shoot 148 gr wc in it and she can cut a ragged hole at 25 meters.
just go out and buy a python you will never look back at a smith/hybrid/rebarrel ect.
pete

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yeah, the actions on the old Pythons are slicker than anything else, anywhere. Ditto the newer Python, if it came out of the Colt custom shop. The newer ones aren't hand-fitted and the trigger pulls of a couple I've handled weren't any better than, say, a Lawman.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I haven't handled a new python but that wouldn't surprise with with the lawyers out there today.my trigger breaks about 2 lb's and it has never been touched.
I can remember paying 400.00 for it and people thought I was nuts. ;) .
pete

·
Registered
25 Posts
A cop I worked with put a Python barrel on his Smith, he said it was called a "Smython", but I like "Smolt" better. :lol: Check the website www.egunparts.com, I think they have Python barrels in several lengths.
PJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts