Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
Colt makes very good AR-15's. I own a preban Colt HBAR 6601, that I've since mated to a Bushmaster flattop upper (carbine).

Best model? Depends on what you want to do! There are lightweight carbines, heavy barrel carbines, full 20" A2 style, space guns, you name it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a HBarA2 and have always enjoyed it. Recently I got a Colt Match, Target, Competition with A3 top on it (flat top picatinny rail). It shoots good and is not much heavier than the H-Bar. HBar 8 lb 12 oz Match Target competition 9 lb 2 oz.
I like them both equally with no preference one over the other.
ches

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
I owned an Oly Arms, and while I liked it, there were some problems with it.

1) Stainless Ultra Match barrel had a tight and therefor finicky chamber. Not a great plinkers gun.

2) Trigger was worse than my Colt

I have another Oly, but I built the lower using a DPMS parts kit, and the trigger, for a single stage "stock" unit, is nicer than the Oly, and even nicer than the Colt trigger assembly.

It also looks cool, because Oly uses a BLACK (and I mean BLACK) finish, but the small parts (trigger, bolt release, etc.) are more of a gray color. Neat 2-tone effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.