Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Colt AR 15 good quality and which is the best model?

No Longer Involved
Colt makes very good AR-15's. I own a preban Colt HBAR 6601, that I've since mated to a Bushmaster flattop upper (carbine).

Best model? Depends on what you want to do! There are lightweight carbines, heavy barrel carbines, full 20" A2 style, space guns, you name it.

Registered
I have a HBarA2 and have always enjoyed it. Recently I got a Colt Match, Target, Competition with A3 top on it (flat top picatinny rail). It shoots good and is not much heavier than the H-Bar. HBar 8 lb 12 oz Match Target competition 9 lb 2 oz.
I like them both equally with no preference one over the other.
ches

No Longer Involved
I owned an Oly Arms, and while I liked it, there were some problems with it.

1) Stainless Ultra Match barrel had a tight and therefor finicky chamber. Not a great plinkers gun.

2) Trigger was worse than my Colt

I have another Oly, but I built the lower using a DPMS parts kit, and the trigger, for a single stage "stock" unit, is nicer than the Oly, and even nicer than the Colt trigger assembly.

It also looks cool, because Oly uses a BLACK (and I mean BLACK) finish, but the small parts (trigger, bolt release, etc.) are more of a gray color. Neat 2-tone effect.

Registered
Originally posted by Bill
I owned an Oly Arms, and while I liked it, there were some problems with it.
I used to have an Oly that gave me problems too. It would only take the factory mag that came with it and the cheapo USA mags. Wouldn't even take surplus magazines...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts